Turn on Aux device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on Aux device

StevanMP
Camera Crew

How about adding an option that would turn On/Off the Aux device (if one is configured} when the power button is pressed.  Right now it's a pain turning on the soundbar.

Thanks,

Steve

11 Replies

Re: Turn on Aux device

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There already is. Check the aux settings in your remote settings.
Highlighted

StevanMP
Camera Crew

Bump

StevanMP
Camera Crew

The aux device will control the volume, but I see no setting to turn the device On/Off using the power button.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
In be remote settings, you can set to control the aux device and when you power on off, should control that. Alternatively, when you press aux, and hit power, should turn tv off.

StevanMP
Camera Crew

@Chadt4141 wrote:
In be remote settings, you can set to control the aux device and when you power on off, should control that. Alternatively, when you press aux, and hit power, should turn tv off.

I have set the Aux device and when it is on, everything works properly,  When I press the power button on the remote, everything BUT the aux device powers on/off.  I know I can press the Aux button on the side of the remote, but this is a hassle (expecially in the dark).  I have other remotes that power on/off everything from the main power button, and I am simply asking that the Dish remote do the same thing.

DISH Employee

Hey StevanMP! It's your ideas that help us improve our equipment and remotes. The best place to leave your feedback is in the Other > Suggestions section. The 54.0 remote is currently programmed to turn the TV and receiver off when pressing the power button, unless you press the specific Aux button for that device. This has been fairly standard for the remotes we have, but the 54.0 is the first remote to have only the one button. Let our team know how you feel about this and what we can improve in the Other > Suggestions section!

StevanMP
Camera Crew

@PhoenixM wrote:

Hey StevanMP! It's your ideas that help us improve our equipment and remotes. The best place to leave your feedback is in the Other > Suggestions section. The 54.0 remote is currently programmed to turn the TV and receiver off when pressing the power button, unless you press the specific Aux button for that device. This has been fairly standard for the remotes we have, but the 54.0 is the first remote to have only the one button. Let our team know how you feel about this and what we can improve in the Other > Suggestions section!

I thought this is in Other/Suggestions?

DISH Employee

I do apologize, StevanMP! I've passed along your feedback, thank you!

StevanMP
Camera Crew
👍