Trouble with DISH

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with DISH

Candycane
Extra

Does anyone else have constant trouble with Dish?

5 Replies

Re: Trouble with DISH

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Almost never. 

You need to explain in more detail about what problem you're having & what receiver you have before anyone can offer suggestions.

foxx
Extra

I can not wait till my contract is up, every few days I have to reset the main reciever to work normally , few days ago the screen would go blank every 10 minutes, a reset fix it. I am tired of the tuner alway changes the channel to some junk channel like home shopping network, finally once a week  it start or stop recording soon or late, then a reset needed to fix the problem temporary, I am suspecting the receiver clock goes heywired. I have done many system check the report is not fault found.

DISH Employee

Let's get that checked out, Foxx. When the screen went blank, are you still able to bring up the menus or the guide? Did audio and video drop out during this, or just video?

When you mention it changes to a junk channel, is that only when turning it on after it's been in standby, or is it changing channels while you're watching?

As for the recordings ending early or late, is the timer itself configured for that? If you check on the 'Daily Schedule' for the specific event, does it say anything like 'Stopped By User'?

foxx
Extra

Thank you for the reply, when the screen would go blank I had audio but no video,  I could not bring up menues, I got very worried because I thought my TV is going out, but the video would come back after a minute or so.

The Hopper goes on stand by after 8 hours inactivity, this is the maximum setting. I know with the old Hoppers it was possible to keep it from going standby.

No the channel would not change while it is watched in live mode.

The daily recording schedule is correct, but if there is a special even on that day , then schedule recording gets all mixed up and Hopper need a reset.

One more problem I have is when I download Dish everwhere app to my PC it effects the steaming videos like youtube .

The problem is the menu at the bottom of the video keeps going on and off, very irritating,

If there was a way to stop the Hooper from going on standby it would  help a lot. Thank you again

DISH Employee

The Hopper does allow you the option to turn off the Inactivity Standby feature. By going to the Menu > Settings > Power  and selecting Inactivity Timer, if you scroll down past 8 hours it should give you the option of "Off (Not Recommended)".

If the channel is going to a junk channel that you do not want to watch when the Hopper comes back on, it could be the Smart Channel feature activating. You can change this feature so the Hopper will either turn on to the Home Screen or the last channel viewed. You can change this setting by going to the Menu > Settings > Power and selecting Power On. Here you can select the option that works best for you. You can find the steps to both feature here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/set-display

If you try to go to the website directly, http://www.dishanywhere.com/, do you see the same issue when you try to view any of the videos on your PC?

Have you continued to have issues with the screen going black and not being able to bring up anything? Also, when the recording is a special event, how does it get mixed up? Is there an error message or is it with the recording itself?