cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

These Local Channel disputes

Shazam
Camera Crew

Hello I had a suggestion the Dish should design the new dishes so it used the whole dish as an antenna. and has a hookup for the antenna cable. It might not work for all customers but like mine is facing the local channels. You could also add an antenna under the arm for better chances It's alot of metal that isn't being used fully. With the antenna and the mount under the arm it wouldn't interfere with the Sat but would help customers while your negotiating and then if it works for all the channels they use they could shut off the locals which with less customers because off their high fees would help dish. Also if you could make it so the antenna would replace the channels by adding them back built into the boxes you would have more power to negotiate and have better customer satisfaction. Helping customers to lower prices would add customers. Also when these companies shut off the channels you should have a list of businesses who advertise with them and start calling right away to tell them that the commercials they are paying for are not reaching ( the number of customers off) and they should call the station and ask for a refund. When all their advertisers start calling wanting money back they would fold right away. If you use this I would appreciate the redesigned dish for free and a agreed apon amount. Thank you Gene

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: These Local Channel disputes

DISH Employee

Hi, Gene. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! These are great suggestions regarding integrating OTA channels into our satellites. I definitely understand where you are coming from. The quickest rising cost in the television industry is the fee that television providers pay local channel owners to re-transmit their signal to customers. If you have an Over-the-Air antenna, then you are able to remove the locals from your package to save $12 a month. DISH is the only company that offers this option to remove locals from most packages! 

Currently, we do offer installations to add an Over-the-Air antenna to your system, connecting it through an adapter into the back of the receiver, so you can enjoy these channels through the guide without having to change inputs. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. This allows us to stay Tuned In To You!  I would love to take a look over your account to check if this would be an option for you. Can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4-digit pin? Here is a link with steps on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

baldman1
Visual Engineer

Yes that's all fine and good for giving away OTA amtennas but what about me and others that if I lose a network because of retrasmission issues I'm SOL until Dish settles it. A OTA antenna does me no good.

DISH Employee

I can definitely understand your frustration with not being able to pick up your locals even with and over the air antenna. There are a few options that will allow you to get your show based on what the show/network is, you can visit us here: mydish.com/promise, you can also get updates on the negotiations as well. I'd be happy to take a look at your account to see what options are available.