Streaming App For Dish On Smart TV?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming App For Dish On Smart TV?

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

The 'Dish Anywhere' app works very well for me on my smart phone, tablets and laptop computers.  My issue is that I have a new smart TV (Samsung) that it would be really nice if Dish had an app that would allow me to stream directly to my Samsung smart TV.

I currently have a Hopper 3 along with three Joey 3's and the setup works really well for me.  Now with the additional smart TV in a hobby room it would be really nice to be able to stream directly to the Samsung smart TV without having to purchase an additional Joey 3 along with the additional monthly fee for the extra Joey.

I know that Xfinity has a streaming app for smart TV's so I was sort of surprised that Dish is actually behind Xfinity in this area.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Streaming App For Dish On Smart TV?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can get a $25 FireStick and use DA on it on the TV.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can get a $25 FireStick and use DA on it on the TV.

View solution in original post

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Thanks for the response.  That sounds good.  Do you have a link for a Fire Stick that would work with my Samsung smart TV?

I searched on Amazon and new Fire Sticks with a remote were all $40-50 or so.  I could not find any new fire sticks with a remote for $25.

Were you talking about as refurbished unit for $25?  See the URL below for a refurbished Fire Stick unit.

https://www.amazon.com/Staging-Product-Not-Retail-Sale/dp/B07B6NM5MH/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=amazon+fire...

So this setup works and will allow me to use Dish Anywhere via streaming to my Fire Stick?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
As long as you have high speed internet and an HDMI port on your TV, you’re good.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Thanks Chad.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

I just installed an Amazon Fire Stick TV 4K device with Alexa remote to my Samsung Smart TV and it works very well and is much, much faster than the Samsung Smart TV apps were.  Dish Anywhere also works really well in the 1 hour that I have had it installed.

This is a perfect solution to adding Dish viewability to my wife's hobby room without having to add another Joey 3 to my account.  Thanks Chad for the heads-up.

And Dish, please get rid of the **bleep** popup surveys on this website as they are very annoying.

mznmms
Extra
Maybe you can help me. I bought the Amazon Fire Stick and Ethernet adapter but cannot get anything to come up on my Samsung Smart TV. Help?

DISH Employee

Hey mznmms, to ensure that you are able to use the DISH Anywhere app there is a few things we want to make sure you have. Do you have both the Hopper and the SmartTV with the FireStick connected to the internet?