Site feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site feedback

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

I thought it odd that there was no sign in tab, so I typed a lengthy reply, clicked post and a sign in page appeared. Attempted to sign in but site didn't recognize my name/password. I think I tried mydish name/password and got a page I didn't understand. Went back page and tried mydish sign in and here I am again. So the old forum password doesn't work anymore and you need a mydish account to use this site?

What was wrong with the old site that it needed a replacement?

Yes, waaaay too much white space and waaaay too much scrolling.

Can't PM anymore?

What's with the partial keyboard?

I belong to a few forum type sites. All have the format of what we had. What bright star programmers at 'Lithium' think this is better. [DISH paid for this?]

btw- don't know who chose my profession but I am not an audio engineer.

edit 30 minutes while looking through site. Went to settings/personal. Can't find anyway to delete my profession. I see our names are in 'green' Are we all greenies now? Or did they get a new different color?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Site feedback

peggyrh
Associate Producer

And now we have to search to find the correct place to put a comment?  This is more work than help.  At least I now know that Dish reps have changed to Red (Matt and Chris) and users are in green, some are blue?  but that isn't explained anywhere either.  Still can't find a way to delete a post, sometimes people post over top of each other. 

Is there a way to see the reps schedules so we can PM if needed?

logdog
Audio Engineer

I don't like this new format. This is my second reply to this post since the first one seems to have disappeared.

How do I find my old posts?

How do I view just unread posts?

This format is totally unlike any of the other forums I belong to and it seems to be the least user friendly.

You can click your avatar in the top-right, view profile.  This will show you your activity.

You can change the view to see just unanswered posts (latest post is default).  Unread posts will be red on the left depending on what view you are in.

Here is a link to FAQs about the site that has great info on how to best use it!  https://communities.dish.com/t5/help/faqpage

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

logdog
Audio Engineer

Thanks for the link. I read through all of it but still can't see how to to bring up all unread posts in the discussions window. Can you please walk me through this?

logdog
Audio Engineer

logdog wrote:

Thanks for the link. I read through all of it but still can't see how to to bring up all unread posts in the discussions window. Can you please walk me through this?

Pretty please...???