Please remove onpaste="return false;" from password field in Account Mgr web app

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove onpaste="return false;" from password field in Account Mgr web app

phohc4
Extra

Hi there -

I'm trying to update my password on my Dish acccount, and I am unable to use my password manager to paste from my clipboard.  Copying and pasting is disabled on the password and confirmation fields on https://my.dish.com/myaccount/myprofile 

There's no good reason we shouldn't be allowed to paste into a password field, it just forces us either to reuse a password that we keep in our brain or laboriously type random character strings into the field.  Curiously, the rules require strong passwords up to 128 characters length, which is basically impossible to actually do without pasting into that field. 

Please convince the PM that this is a bad feature Smiley Happy

1 Reply

Re: Please remove onpaste="return false;" from password field in Account Mgr web app

DISH Employee

That's a great suggestion, phohc4! I absolutely get where you're coming from with this feature. We're always working on ways to improve our service and make your DISH experience more enjoyable, and appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I'll get this passed on for you!