New Look of the DVR folders/icon

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Look of the DVR folders/icon

Theslackermcfly
Character Actor
I dont like the new update to the dvr folders and show icons. I hate the large show icons and the fact that the folders now have a black background and the folder icon is small with small labels. I also hate that the box in the upper right corner that shows what your watching now has a black border and your show is now smaller. Your show should take up the entire box and it would be nice if that box were larger or you could set it to the size you want.

I also wish the folder icons were large like before and the labels were larger and easier to see as they were before. Get rid oc the black background. I recognize that some like the new look and others don't so there needs to be settings for the dvr folders and show icons and tv picture box so we can make it look how we want it to.

Only setting I see is to make the folders/show icons even larger which I dont want. I want to be able to configure the layout and look of the dvr section and not have Dish just assume what we want and would like and make an update to change the look without consulting its customers.
5 Replies

Re: New Look of the DVR folders/icon

tsunami2311
Camera Crew

I hate the new look I didnt like the forced thumbnail view in DVR to begin with now there 25% bigger with option to make it EVEN BIGGER, but no option put back to the size it been  3+ years? Revert this change or give use the old thumbnail size back.... I am not freaking blind! the new size guady and ulgy on 32" tv and even more so on 65".

but hey 4+years after the fact hopper was first introduced, we now have the daily reset time option back....

UNDO THIS DVR THUMBNAIL LOOK or give option to use the old SIZE I AM NOT BLIND and everyone in the house is yelling at me as to WHY those thumbnail are so huge now!

tsunami2311
Camera Crew

post your complaint and suggestion to

https://www.mydish.com/spokeslistener

They might listen if enough of people  say the samething.

Theslackermcfly
Character Actor
Thanks for this. I just sent it on the form. I was told by a Dish representative to post in the community forums and was not aware of the spokeslistener. So thanks for lettting me know! I hope more people complain and make sugggestions and they actually listen.

jjrodgers1986
Character Actor

I just made the same suggestion! I HATE THE NEW DVR SCREEN!!!!

Without the titles underneath, it is almost impossible to find a particular movie/show.

Dframz
Extra
Why does the DVR have to have these icons why can't there be a list of the shows that you recorded so it doesn't take up the whole screen and it takes you 30 minutes to find what you're looking for apparently dish did not think about this feature just not very happy having to have the hopper I had a DVR was a vip622 it gave you a list no icons so much easier to work with apparently Dish just doesn't care what their customers think just want the option that the icons could be put to a written list instead of some stupid picture icon. And if I'm not familiar with what the shows icon are that makes it so I have to click on it see what show it is because the lettering on these icons are too small. I do have them set on the larger font. Dish this feature was a big faux pas own up change it