Losing Channels especially Local

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Channels especially Local

debgcook57
Extra

I am not understanding this.  Local channels should never be lost.  That is local.  And now we pay for that.   How is that Dish to drop it when we pay for that?  That is just wrong!  I have been their customers for more than 10 years and this is goin too far now.

I already told them I just paid my bill and you decide to do this to your customers.  Very poor customer service.  I hope they are reading the communities cuz they should.   I told them get it fix now or after the 1st of the year they are losing me to Direct TV or Cable.   I am done with their childish **bleep**.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: Losing Channels especially Local

RAA
Extra

I totally agree.

DISH Employee

Hello, these contract issues occur when the channel owner for a certain market demands an unreasonable rate increase for carriage of their feed on our service. DISH fights for fair agreements to keep our rates as low as possible for our customers. DISH does offer the ability to remove the locals from your subscription in favor of an OTA antenna which you can use in conjunction with your receiver. This option can save  you up to $12 per month. For updates as they become available regarding any affected channels in your market please visit: www.dishpromise.com

jnolan11451
Extra
Our local channels are snowy or go away completely occasionally. What could be wrong?

DISH Employee

Hi there! I hate to hear that you are having issues, is it only happening on your locals? Do you get any error codes or messages? 

Ramairtitan
Extra
This is rediculous. HBO was an extra fee, many like myself paid extra for. We just recently lost WFSB which is the most local news channel in our area, and that's also a fee to carry local channels which are actually free with an antenna. Now I open my email to a new notice of possibly losing the FX channel. Where exactly is the money I pay every month going?? What's the perk in continuing with Dish service? Lose one more channel, lose a customer because I'm done!!
Highlighted

DISH Employee

We hear your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We are still in negotiations and do not understand why The Walt Disney Company has chosen to involve our customers at this time. Periodically, DISH and its channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value.

We are working to not only reach an agreement, but a long-term agreement for our customers. For the most up-to-date information regarding our negotiations visit http://DISHpromise.com.