HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Is it bad business to weigh how much money would be lost for the other side, or only bad business to make an irrational decision that can cost more. You don’t become a billionaire by making bad decisions.

Shadow
Extra

I am for one have been a subscriber to DISH going on almost 25 years now. I do not care for them not keeping us informed about the HBO situation other than "we are working on it" I do not buy it one bit. They have until Mid-April (based on a 6-episode final season ending May) before Game of Thrones comes on. There is a lot of competition to choose from these days. I do not care WHY Dish does not have HBO I want to see it come back. If I need to to subscribe to HBO solo, it is bye bye Dish. Aside: have you noticed how many rather insignificant channels DISH now has while removing some of the other ones? I believe there is more here than meets the eye.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Channels being insignificant is a really subjective term. The problem is that HBo, comparatively speaking, is not really significant to the majority of Dish customers. Less than 20% of customers subscribed to it previously.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

This HBO fuss is ridiculous.

ATT bought Direct TV and HBO.  They decided to leverage HBO to aid Direct TV in it's fight against Dish.

How?

By not negotiating a price increase but instead attempting to make Dish swallow a POISON PILL (minimum subscriptions beyond what Dish has) that would badly damage Dish.

So there will be NO HBO on Dish unless ATT backs off.

I'll bet they won't so you can just forget about HBO on Dish for the forseeable future.

If it upsets you write your Congressman, your Senator, your President and complain about ATT's unfair Monopolistic practices, but don't waste your time asking Dish to commit suicide by taking ATT's offer.

yes it pisses me off too!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
That pretty much sums it up about as accurately as anyone else has posted. Very direct.

janice399
Extra

A lot of the managment that helped make HBO great has quit since at&t took over.   I'm not sure HBO will remain as great now that the idea guys are gone. At&t incurred massive debt with two take overs and I'm betting  customers will pay for it in lower quality programming on HBO in the future. 

kyliesmimi
Extra

But those of us who don't have decent internet feel just as important as the rest of you. We are completely left out.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
That definitely makes sense, however, it doesn’t make sense to charge the more than 80% of people who do not want HBO and Cinemax for the channels. The HBONow is a work around, however it is not the solution for everybody. Keep in mind, minimal people without access to high speed interest are affected.

Kimberk1967
Extra
WHAT??? Dish doesn’t have HBO? WTHECK?!?!?!!
Well I’m screwed watching GOT! No wonder why I could find it to add to my subscription. Very disappointed Dish! I turned other networks away because I thought Dish was the best, now I’m disappointed 😞

pauld1951
Extra

I am not demanding DISH "get" HBO, but why cant they do what they do with Netflix?  Just have a link to HBO Now through their box?  My problem is that while I can get HBOnow on my TV, the TV doe snot run through my sound system. So I have to rewire my entire sound system. Just having a link like they do for Nextflix seems like a good compromise to me.