HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO

DISH Employee

Hello, that's unfortunate to hear that you are not satisfied with your programming and monthly charges. If you would like we can review your account and see what changes we can make so that you can enjoy your programming better. Feel free to send me a private message with your account number and security code.

roybear2003
Extra
I agree totally! I’ll have to take my business elsewhere! I’ve been a custyfor more than 15 years!

So I can subscribe to HBO now and what? Do I need to get an hdmi cable to hook my phone to my TV to watch HBO on the TV? I'm not real tech savvy.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
If you have a smart tv and it is connected to the internet, and your phone is connected to the same internet, then there is a box with 2 or 3 lines in the corner. Click that and cast to your TV(it tells you where you’re casting when you select it). From that point it will just play on the TV. The easiest and best route, and recommend this to 100% of anyone with a decent signal... spend $25 st Amazon or BestBuy and get a FireTV stick. You’ll have access to more programming than you can imagine, but that would eliminate the smart tv issue entirely. It just plugs into the HDMI port on your tv and connects wirelessly to the Internet. You can then download the HBONow app, and watch straight from there. You’ll also be able to download Tv channels apps, and use your Dish login to watch old shows not offered anywhere else(my wife loves watching TLC My 600 LB Life, although tLC is not one of the channels through Dish. I use a friends for that one).

DISH Employee

Stargazer1026, you will not be able to connect your phone to your TV via an HDMI cable to view HBO NOW. However, if you have a smart TV and both your TV and phone are using the same network, HBO NOW does provide the option to cast your picture from your TV to your phone. 

edschaff
Extra

Contrary to what Dish says, it is THEY who have removed HBO and Cinemax because the CEO has taken it upon himself to get on his soapbox and fight for a cause I'm not interested in. HBO is a product and I will pay for it. It's my decision to do so and if people don't want to they can unsubscribe. And even if it's an overall cost to DISH, it's part of doing business.

AND HERE'S THE DISGUSTING PART. Dish refuses to let me out of my 2 year contract over this. It's one thing for there to be a clause in the contract stating that the company has the right to drop channels. We understand occasionally there may be an issue with a channel or two. But to lose two giant blocks of premium movie channels is a different story. They are NOT providing the "best" in TV satellite service because they have slimed all of us who either want or NEED HBO (I'm in the business). I'm cancelling Dish tomorrow and going back to DirectTV and Dish is going to force me to pay over $300 in penalties. NO CONSCIENCE! Let Ergen fight his own battles. If he insists on this fight, let people out of their contracts who had HBO when they signed up, like me.

Shame on him indeed. If anyone hears about or starts a class action over this, let me know! 

Let me out of my contract!!! Re: HBO

edschaff
Extra

Contrary to what Dish says, it is THEY who have removed HBO and Cinemax because the CEO has taken it upon himself to get on his soapbox and fight for a cause I'm not interested in. HBO is a product and I will pay for it. It's my decision to do so and if people don't want to they can unsubscribe. And even if it's an overall cost to DISH, it's part of doing business.

AND HERE'S THE DISGUSTING PART. Dish refuses to let me out of my 2 year contract over this. It's one thing for there to be a clause in the contract stating that the company has the right to drop channels. We understand occasionally there may be an issue with a channel or two. But to lose two giant blocks of premium movie channels is a different story. They are NOT providing the "best" in TV satellite service because they have slimed all of us who either want or NEED HBO (I'm in the business). I'm cancelling Dish tomorrow and going back to DirectTV and Dish is going to force me to pay over $300 in penalties. NO CONSCIENCE! Let Ergen fight his own battles. If he insists on this fight, let people out of their contracts who had HBO when they signed up, like me.

Shame on him indeed. If anyone hears about or starts a class action over this, let me know! 

Re: Let me out of my contract!!! Re: HBO

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Waived your right to any class actions...

That said, you seem so sure about your facts, please cite sources. Also, you say “just unsubscribe”, except ATT is demanding non subscribers pay for it as well, which is why it is down. You seem to have a surface level knowledge of what is going on.

Mscathy
Extra
I have been with DISH for 20 years. I told them that I would be leaving if HBO has not returned by the time Game of Thrones starts.

JD57
Camera Crew

Like thousands of others, after 20 years, we will be dumping Dish if they don't get HBO back before April. Charlie is obviously a horrible businessman if he can't figure out how much money Dish is losing and will lose more because of this.