HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HBO

Marzbarz
Character Actor

I also think people should just sub to HBO Now.  It will be interesting onces GoT comes in April. Thats when things get real. I have no problem getting HBO now and sticking with DISH. Screw AT&T and there BS.

I'm with my fellow message posters on this one.  This ATT/Dish dispute has gone on nearly 3 months now.  I do have another alternative:  Return to cable as a subscriber.  I am reluctant to do this, but DISH apparently seems content to let its subscribers just suck it up and deal with no HBO/Cinemax.  No active negotiations means you are NOT working on my behalf and since my initial subscription INCLUDED access to those and other premium channels, DISH has breached their contract with me for not providing them.  Even mobile service in my RV is a pain.  I must start up and wait for nearly 20 minutes while signals are located, guide is downloaded, etc. before I actually see any programming.   I have a mobile HD antenna and a Blu Ray disc player, and I'm beginning to think that I can certainly make due with that on the road.  There's even been confusion over 2 Wallys that I purchased with my RV BEFORE I became a dish customer that DISH wanted me to send back or be charged for them when I idled my mobile service for the winter!  I am VERY sad it's come to this, but the time is rapidly approaching where I dump DISH over all of these issues.  Just not worth it anymore and no progress in negotiations.

DISH Employee

Hi TheJuneauRaven. I know that going through a negotiation can be really frustrating and I can assure you that we are still actively working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. If you are using those mobiles services and experiencing issues we're always happy to troubleshoot with you to see if they can be cleared up. For any account-specific questions, please reach out to us in a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on file and we'll work through your concerns together. 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Your contract covers this explicitly... there is no breach

JD57
Camera Crew

I feel the same. Those of us who had HBO are the ones who pay for it. Frankly, I've been sick to death of paying for other peoples sports channels for years now, that we have never watched!

This has gone way past ridiculousnous now. I DO NOT WANT TO GET HBO NOW.  I want to actually record shows on HBO, with the crappy buggy as hell equipment that I am paying Dish for.

I WANT IT BACK OR DISH CAN SCREW OFF!

I'VE REACHED MY BREAKING POINT!

DISH Employee

I understand your frustration regarding this negotiation with HBO, JD57. I want to assure you that we are working hard to get these channels back as soon as possible. 

We always strive to have top of the line equipment and I am sorry to hear that your equipment has missed this mark. I would love to investigate it with you to see what we need to do to get it working correctly. May I ask what issues you are experiencing?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Yet none of those channels are premium channels. I don’t think any disagrees that only people that subscribe to premium channels be the ones that pay for premium channels. Unfortunately, ATT disagrees and wants everyone to pay for HBO and Cinemax... even though they do not hold the same standard for their own company.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Let's imagine:

The wicked witch has kidnapped your 4 children and announced she will be serving them as the main entree for dinner next Sataurday.  You scream and cry that you want them back, you want them back, but she says nothing.

Then some of your "friends" start criticizing you because you are not negotiating with her "in good faith" surely if you just negotiated a deal could be reached.  Perhaps she would settle for only cooking 2 of them or maybe she'd be happy with just their legs to on her dinner table, surely a compromise could be reached.  Why do you not want to negotiate with her.

ATT's demands are not to raise more revenue, they are to put Dish Network out of business, and ATT is not backing off.

So why does Dish not just negotiate and find a compromise with ATT who only wants Dish Gone.?

I have had Dish for 1 year and 9 months.I left Direct because Dish gave me a way better price and the same channels.Including HBO and Cinemax.So I called them around the first of January because I am pissed off about losing those channels and wanted to know when or if Dish was getting those channels back?Customer service told me to consider not changing service that Dish would have HBO and Cinemax back in less than 2 months?He said they were working on negotiations and they could not guarantee if or when but Dish was confident that a deal would be worked out?So its $20 for each month left on your contract u pay to cancel said contract.Which is what I will be doing if they don’t get the channels back.Also if u watch Games of Thrones the final season comes on in April.So something to think about if u enjoy watching HBO and Cinemax like I do!

joannec1965
Character Actor

Bull**bleep**. YOU ARE NOT working hard enough or around the clock to get HBO back or else it would be back by now. You are playing games with your customers and screwing over subscribers. Stop with the canned scripted 'sorry' messages and actually do something. You are as bad as 45 and his wall.