HBO

wdverocks
Extra

When is it coming back? 

8 Replies

Re: HBO

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

@wdverocks  Who knows? The CEO of HBO resigned on Friday because he was no longer being allowed to run HBO (as he had for years).  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/hbo-ceo-richard-plepler-resignation-ominous-for-att-warner-buy.html

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Likely not before GoT if ever. It’s not looking hopeful.

baldman1
Visual Engineer

@Chadt4141 wrote:
Likely not before GoT if ever. It’s not looking hopeful.

The president of Dish said just about the same thing a month ago.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That’s where I got it from. Charlie Ergen announces that at the conference call.

DISH Employee

Hello Wdvericjs, 

HBO has removed their channels from DISH. We don’t know if HBO will return; however, we’re always willing to work out a deal that benefits everyone. However, there is an alternative viewing option available. 

HBO has a streaming service called HBO NOW. The service is available for $14.99 per month and is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Once you download the app you will be able to sign up for HBO NOW. HBO typically has offers including a 7-day free trial and a cancel anytime policy. Monthly subscription is billed through HBO.

Jamie1234
Extra

I am Amazed that a Dish Employee would promote people signing up for HBO Now!

I am even More Amazed that Dish is Promoting HBO Now on the channel that use to carry HBO.

I smell a RAT somewhere....This is like Verizon advertising that At&T has a better plan than they do - would not happen unless there is something else going on behind the scenes. 

Both Dish & AT&T are treating their customers terribly!!

I have tried to be patient & see where this will go but it may be time to discontinue Dish - No way I would give in to AT&T & DirecTV - over the air here we come.... between that & Netflix I should be ok.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
No rat. They have already said its return is unlikely, so to mitigate the loss, there is the option for most to use a Direct to Consumer service. They do this everytime there is that option, such as with loss of local channels... they help install OTA antennas and educate to remove the satellite delivered locals to save $12 per month. That is quite literally the definition of customer service, offering options that they do not even make money from.

JRizuto70
Character Actor

I personally think it's great that an employee would recommend you to HBO Now.  If the customer wants to watch HBO, why shouldn't they give you the information you need to be able to do that?  That is good customer service as far as I'm concerned.  As much as I hate DirecTV and AT&T this is pretty much the only option right now.  I would never go back to either of those companies and I really hate that they own HBO which means that I need to indirectly pay them to watch GOT.  It's only a matter of time before the beast destroys HBO just like they did to DirecTV, they used to be a decent company to work with.