cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HBO

RogersMom
Extra

Maybe if you got rid of all the crap no one watches such as the infomercial channels, the QVC's that have more than one channel, and all the other unwatchable stuff everyone could have (and afford) HBO before Game of Thrones comes back on. I have been a Dish network subscriber for over 20 years and this is getting ridiculous! I would hate to have to go somewhere else because of this!

4 Replies

Re: HBO

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If they got rid of the shopping networks alone, our bills would all go up. They pay to be carried and subsidize our bills.

carolp5280
Extra

A lot of Dish subscribers live in rural areas where we do not have cable providers or high speed internet! We cannot "stream" much of anything when the highest speed we can get is less than 1 mbps!! I too have been a Dish subscriber for over 15 years and love their service. I can't simply go to some streaming service like Roku or Hulu or Amazon because our internet speed is too slow to provide consistent and even playing. Please do something to bring back HBO! 

clodale
Character Actor

I agree 100%. If cost is an issue, delete stuff with fewest subscribers. I've been w/ Dish 22+ years. Tried DirecTv for week while house sitting. Hated it. And dislike ATT just as much. Internet is only option here for TV. Sad that we are missing many excellent programs. Wish there was a better answer than switching. I wrote to Dish CEO and asked what the hangups are and the status of negotiations, including estimation of a resolution date. Got a phone call from CEO office, but no concrete info. Maybe a Dish employee will respond to this post and clear the air.

DISH Employee

I hear your concerns, and I will make sure to forward them to our home office. At this time, we are still actively negotiating for the restoration of HBO/Cinemax. While we do not have an exact date as to when the channels will return to our channel lineup, an agreement can be reached at any time. Once an agreement is reached, the channels will be restored and available immediately.