HBO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO

ASOIF
Character Actor

Not sure what the issues are on this, if Dish doesn't have HBO by the end of March they will loose a LOT of subscribers, including me and about 20 of my close friends.

Game of Thrones is the most popular show on TV, I don't care what it takes, make a deal and get it done DISH!!!!!

53 Replies

Re: HBO

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@ASOIF wrote:

Not sure what the issues are on this, if Dish doesn't have HBO by the end of March they will loose a LOT of subscribers, including me and about 20 of my close friends.

Game of Thrones is the most popular show on TV, I don't care what it takes, make a deal and get it done DISH!!!!!

If Dish capitulates to ATT and raises my rates in order to give you HBO they will lose me and over 500 of my neighbors!

and yes Game of Thrones is the Hottest show on HBO and that's why it is also the most downloaded show using torrents in history.

stormy5
Camera Crew

If Dish makes a deal with HBO it will be the HBO subscribers who pay for it , not  the people who don't have so you and your "500" friend's wallets are safe.

I'm with the original posters, it's gone on too long, if not settled by the end of February, I'm gone as well.

Highlighted

Jcaryl0928
Camera Crew
**bleep** straight! If dish thinks i pay 120/mo for 100 shopping channels they are out of their mt minds! Hbo by end of feb or they can pick up their equipment. I will have it ready and waiting for them in the trash.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

@stormy5 The reason for the impasse is a demand by HBO that DISH guarantee a minimum number of subscribers that far exceeds the current number of HBO subscribers. More than 80% of DISH customers did not have HBO before this began and will not want it in the future. If DISH gives in to this demand, then all DISH customers will have to pay more--not just those who want HBO. ATT has gone absolutely crazy with power since purchasing both HBO and Directv. The best thing that the HBO customers with DISH can do right now is to bid HBO farewell until HBO makes a serious offer. If HBO is more important to you than having competitive pricing then by all means leave DISH. Keep in mind that once ATT has all of you in its clutches they will be able to charge anything they want.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Even better than that is just subscribe to HBO Now. It’s the same cost as HBO on Dish pretakedown. You’re literally out nothing. Only a few will be affected by lack of internet.

Southernmel7
Camera Crew

I agree!  It is sad that AT&T & HBO are holding DISH HOSTAGE, because they know that those of us who cn’t Stream HBO will leave to see GAME of Thrones.  But we will.  

Southernmel7
Camera Crew

Unfortunately that doesn’t matter when it comes to seeing Game of Thrones.

Southernmel7
Camera Crew

There are more than you think that are affected by the internet!  Selfish!  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Not as many as you’d think as the average HBO viewer can even use a DSL line with data caps just fine.