cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Google assistant does not work as well as the previous voice remote

Directv
Character Actor
I was a directv customer since the inception of satellite tv and recently switched to dish for the voice remote feature they offered. I absolutely loved this feature and it worked flawlessly for me until ithey partnered with Google. I have read other threads where customers have complained that it wasn’t the same only to have dish insist that it was. All I know it that it was flawless before the switch and it never works now. It can’t even find a channel in my list. (Since I recently switched and haven’t memorized the different channel numbers yet this was my most used search). I’m sure there is an excuse forthcoming but the fact is that it has changed no matter what anyone tells me. I never had one problem before the switch and have trouble every time since. I have nothing against Google and they are my one and only search engine on all of my devices, I’m a big fan. I realize that I am not going to make a difference here and nothing will change but if someone said sorry it would make me feel a bit more satisfied. And as Ben Franklin quipped -don’t ruin a perfectly good apology with an excuse. I’ll be waiting.
1 Reply

Re: Google assistant does not work as well as the previous voice remote

GPH1134
Audio Engineer

We too were DirecTV before they ever existed.  We fired them after they yelled at my wife and hung up on us.  They were ignoring existing customers. 

Dish Network is an amazing company.  We have had them for over two years now and have been happy... until they changed our remote voice.  They never sent us a heads up.  An email would have been nice.  Google Assistant is horrible which surprises me as Google search is so good.

You need to copy and paste your concern to this page

https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/Disable-voice-remote-google-assistant/m-p/27876#M14471