cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Get Fox Sports back!

Texmike
Costume Designer

They used to respond on here with pretty generic responses    Dont even do that now.  They have made a corporate decision and are obviously just gonna let the chips fall   

karensuet
Extra
Its all about MONEY & GREED. I know how outrageous my Dish bills are every month, so dont say its all about lower prices for our customers. We aren’t stupid. SIGN THE DEAL..!

Theripp
Extra
Why is every other provider carrying Fox

jcanavera
Costume Designer

Because agreements don't all end at the same time.  That's part of the game Fox and others play.  You negotiate with one rebroadcaster at a time.  Gives them the advantage because the customer leaving for a new rebroadcaster gives the rebroadcaster an incentive to take the offer for fear of losing customers.  Once they settle with one rebroadcaster, they move to the next one.  So if Fox settles with Dish, they move on with to another rebroadcaster.  

mroettger
Extra

I've been a loyal DISH customer for > 25 years.  However, that is about to change.  Over the years, I've managed to adjust to the ongoing channel deletions while accepting increasing fees.  With the elimination of Fox Sports, I have no alternative other than to purse another provider.  As an fyi to all....   Direct TV, Comcast, and Verizon all offer Fox Sports and of course they all have current intro deals. Since DISH is unable to provide us with an expected resolution date, we have no other option than switching.  I'm not about to miss the NFL and college football season while DISH plays games!!!!

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@mroettger wrote:

I've been a loyal DISH customer for > 25 years.

DISH has only been around since March 4, 1996.  How have you been a customer for over 25 years?

Revel
Character Actor
I would probably round off as well! At my age I personally couldn’t remember EXACTLY how long I have been a dish customer... especially even the month...I do know it’s been long time. At the end of the day if I had Fox I would be watching and not talking on this site about nonsense... Back to the point where and why do we not have fox?

mroettger
Extra

LOL....  maybe it just seems like it's been 25 yearsSmiley Happy.  Probably closer to 18 years.  I don't have my first bill, but I think i have my last one.

jcanavera
Costume Designer

I'm over 20+ years back in the days when you ordered the equipment from Dish and you did your own installation.  No one really came out to the house back then.  Probably the length of time I've been with Dish has kept me more patient on this Fox outage than most.  Especially since every local broadcast outlet here in St. Louis has been running crawlers warning customers about losing their station for every rebroadcast provider other than Dish.  I've had the local cable service and actually signed up for Direct a few years back and also AT&T.  I cancelled both services Direct and AT&T prior to installation because of inconsistancies in the sales process, and poor customer service from Charter/Spectrum cable.  So jumping to someone else may be a temporary reprise to get Fox again, but you are sitting on the threshold of a loss of service of something else.

So while I've threatened to leave, it's always been the superior equipment and good customer service (for me) that has kept me with Dish.  I hate to see what's going on in the industry and I really feel the sports and broadcasting industry are forcing rebroadcasters into situations of increasing costs and bundling agreements that are doing nothing but chasing the customers away.  And streaming service providers are going to be squeezed also. The bottom line is it all rolls down hill to us, the consumer.

Maybe the answer for Dish on this is to remove Fox Sports from the various packages and treating them much like the premium services.  That way we remove the sports bundles to a point where Dish can provide them on request with the cost removed from basic service and added on for those who want it.  Then if Fox wants to bundle and raise prices, the consumer can make that choice if they feel the value provided is worth the cost.  As these mega broadcasters keep buying each other out, they continue to attempt to bundle channels that truly takes away our freedom of choice and increases our cost since the rebroadcasters are forced to pay for these bundles even though they may only be interested in a few of the channels in the bundle.

ChristianEck
Extra
I agree, while I understand that this is part of the ‚game‘ and dish is negotiating with Fox, how is Dish compensating customers? I expect from Dish that a compensation is pro actively offered. One of the main reason I selected dish for 7 years now is because they have German Bundesliga on fox sports 1 and 2. I paying for a service I am not receiving. That is unacceptable. That would be as if i pay a full pizza while I only get a half pizza.