Get Fox Sports back!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get Fox Sports back!

DISH Employee

We don’t have any details we can provide regarding on going negotiations. Updates will be provided on dishpromise.com as soon as they’re available. 

Larrydvan04
Character Actor
This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I’m paying extra for a sports package that I don’t get to watch. No Braves baseball, no Hurricanes hockey and all because you say they want some crazy amount of money. I’m sick of you deciding what we can watch and and what we can’t. I’m going to switch to someone else because it seems you are the only company that can’t come to an agreement with programmers in a timely manner. We have seen CBS, NBC, FOX and now this with the RSN’s. I’m done!!! It doesn’t seem like you guys care either.

skipper124
Camera Crew

I share your frustration! Before I signed up I made them assure me I would get fox sportstime ohio. They said oh yes we get all them regional networks. Then two months later they yank the rug from under my feet, I got all these channels I don't watch and the one I do watch is gone! 

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@jcanavera wrote:

Hey Dish.  Your link doesn't work.

It works if you click on it and then go to the URL box and remove everything after the word "promise".

Or just click on this:  https://www.mydish.com/promise

jcanavera
Costume Designer

As unhappy I am about the Fox Sports issue, understand folks that Dish didn't pull the plug.  Fox Sports did and without a contract you can't rebroadcast the programming.  And if you think that this is a Dish issue only, Here's a link when Direct TV lost a bundle of stations due to unreasonable price increases.  So if you think you can head to a different provider, understand that this will occur at whatever provider whoever you run to.  Fox sports will eventually be dealing with each rebroadcast provider one by one.  It's the way they operate, by using you and your threat of leaving to get what they want. Nextar just got the aproval to purchase another group of stations and is becoming even a bigger juggernaut.  

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/nexstar-directv-att-stations-retrans-1203259766/

Notice that Direct TV says the same thing as Dish is saying.  These big broadcasting conglomerates are using their clout to dig their way into your pockets.  

Highlighted

Texmike
Costume Designer

Why do you feel the need to be an aplogist for DISH?   I think most of us understand this perfectly well.   And we know it affects all providers. We also know how miserably DISH has done with things like this over the years.  We also know WE ARE WILLING TO PAY MORE.   Those of us who want the FOX Sports channels realize we have to pay extra for it.   kd piSo lets see what the market will bear.  DISH does not try to do that.  At this point, maybe the solution is to make it all PPV.  I'd be very happy to see that with most all programming   There are very few things I watch on TV but I pay for lots of crap that others DO watch.  So many of us are already subsidizing the non-sports watching public.  Let's put an end to that too.

jcanavera
Costume Designer

Well I'm not an apologist.  But based on the rhetoric I am reading many replies are beating up Dish without understanding the issues at hand.   I've been a Dish customer for over 20 years and have sat through program interruptions and understand the logic of what these broadcast entities are doing.  I'm not going to standby to see a good company be beaten up on statements which are unfounded or one sided.  If you are like most folks, you value your money and to be honest most don't have unlimited resources.  Personally I find it refreshing to find a company who truly is also looking out for their customer base.  So when you say let's see what the market will bear, understand the reality is that Dish is damned if they do or don't.  If they roll over and pass any cost increase to the customer, no matter what makes sense or not, the venom this forum would see would be monumental.  No business is going to give you the option in advance as to how much of a price increase you are willing to swallow.  They have to deal with the reality that they must stay competitive in the market or lose customers. 

The strategy of the broadcasters is a divide and concur method.  They deal with one entity trying to convince that entitiy's customer base that they are being fair and that entity is turning down a fair offer.  But they never tell you either what that offer is or what your entitiy's competition is paying.  The key is to never lock out all the providers but put pressure on them one at a time.   So they stand eyeball to eyeball and we end up seeing which one blinks first.

You say everyone here knows this but I highly doubt that.   

Quite honestly Texmike, the real place where we all should be complaining is to the sports teams themselves.  We should be telling them we don't like what's going on and reminding them that they need to put pressure on the entities that are distributing their product to the public.  We'd be a lot more effective in getting this settled if the teams knew how many of feel, rather than shaking our fingers at those trying to minimize the costs to the general public.

From my experience I've found Dish to be honest and consumer oriented company.  Their technology is leading edge in comparison to cable and other satellite providers.  I've just entered into my third two year price freeze agreement with them as a preferred customer (yes staying with a provider gives you benefits).  They aren't perfect by any means but I have communicated with the CEO himself when things go wrong, and they have always stepped up to the plate and taken care of me.  You may say you know both sides and what I'm saying is apologetic for Dish.  My answer is that based on conversations I'm reading here, many don't understand the entire story, and even though you say you do, it's obvious that you have unlimited funds and cost increases have no effect on your standard of living.  So really it's indicative of today's society not being concerned about society as a whole but a "me" outlook.  I'll wait this situation out because we will be the better when this works out, rather than letting our pockets be turned inside out by capitulating to whatever the seller demands.  

zendafus
Extra
Get to the bargaining table and get it done!!

Bobrandon
Extra
Not only Baseball now your getting in the start of Hockey Season... And I will not miss my hockey i can always have direct out here the next day. Enough is enough

skipper124
Camera Crew

Not only did they take my favorite channel away, now I find out they lied to me when I signed up. They promised me a 5 dollar discount for bundling with frontier internet services with no strings attached. So I call them yesterday to inquire why I am not getting it. They told me because I have no credit rating they can't give it to me even though I pay all my bills on time. This is ridiculous! The contract buyout from Spectrum is looking more enticing and I might have to take them up on it since I am saving no money with Dish now and losing channels.