cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Get Fox Sports back!

Texmike
Costume Designer
All I need to know is what DISH themselves have told us. They have been asked to pay more. They don’t want to pay more because the more they pay the less profit they make from those who are paying for the service on our account. Those of us who have it are willing to pay more but nobody k owns how much more we are willing to pay We have not been asked

StLFan
Extra

As soon as my contract is up, I wont be with Dish anymore.  The Fox issue has gone on long enough, take my shopping channels and all the other crap off.  Give me my regional sports back.

jcanavera
Costume Designer

True the more they pay the less profit they will make, but keep in mind that it all comes back to the price we pay.  The price we pay today all filters back to the increased costs that Dish has had to pay for services.  So it still comes back to customers going back to Dish and telling them they will be willing to pay the cost increases demanded by Fox and other content providers.  

But I guarantee that many of those decrying the loss of Fox while this dispute continues will be beating their drum here when rate adjustments come to current subscribers for higher programming costs.  Yes Dish is acting in its own best interest to fight these cost increases, but in many cases you have to realize that it all rolls downhill to us as customers.  As subscription rates continued to increase over the years, I've taken actions to maintain or reduce my programming costs.  First to go was the premimum channels and this year I pulled the plug on locals to use the OTA antenna feature on my Hopper.  I pulled out a wireless Joey a couple of years ago, and my next move will probably reducing the level of my subscription package.   

Tillie
Camera Crew
Disney did sell off the FSM and other stations. I believe Sinclair purchased it and it was final September 1st. I was in hopes a deal would be made after the sale.
My contract is up in 2 weeks and I am canceling as soon as it is up. My friends say use hula live 45.00 dollars a month.

Tillie
Camera Crew
I called you. You gave me a 10.00 credit BFD
Not enough to keep me
I want Fox sports back . I will be canceling my programming in 2 weeks. I would have canceled already if I was not in a contract with you! This is ridiculous and totally uncalled for. You are not being 1 but honest with your current customers.

jcanavera
Costume Designer

Sinclair is no piece of cake either.  They have owned local outlets here also and have had pull the plug disputes with their stations all over the country with all the carriers.  Sort of out of the frying pan into the fire with them.

Tillie
Camera Crew
That’s what I have heard😡

Tillie
Camera Crew
Some are getting a lot more than 3.00
I have a friend that has gotten 2 30 dollar credits. I called and they said since, every account is different & they are not at liberty to discuss someone else account. They did finally give me a 10.00 credit. I just want Fox spirts back

jcanavera
Costume Designer
Things like this don’t deem well for providers trying to negotiate rebroadcast contracts. It’s only going to get worse. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-tribune-nexstar-sale-approved-fc...

jcanavera
Costume Designer
Here’s a paragraph I clipped from the article above. Before you throw stones at Dish, understand what they are fighting for.
“The Justice Department and attorneys general in three states, including Illinois, had filed a federal complaint against Nexstar and Tribune Media alleging the proposed merger would eliminate competition and allow the combined company to charge higher retransmission fees to cable and satellite providers, as well as higher local advertising rates.”