Forum Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Feedback

peggyrh
Associate Producer
What does everyone think of this new format, seems overly complicated and no where near as user friendly as before. Way too much white space, have to go down several screens on phone just to get to posts. Can edit but not delete posts?
Tags (2)
16 Replies

Re: Forum Feedback

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

I thought it odd that there was no sign in tab, so I typed a lengthy reply, clicked post and a sign in page appeared. Attempted to sign in but site didn't recognize my name/password. I think I tried mydish name/password and got a page I didn't understand. Went back page and tried mydish sign in and here I am again. So the old forum password doesn't work anymore and you need a mydish account to use this site?

What was wrong with the old site that it needed a replacement?

Yes, waaaay too much white space and waaaay too much scrolling.

Can't PM anymore?

What's with the partial keyboard?

I belong to a few forum type sites. All have the format of what we had. What bright star programmers at 'Lithium' think this is better. [DISH paid for this?]

btw- don't know who chose my profession but I am not an audio engineer.

edit 30 minutes while looking through site. Went to settings/personal. Can't find anyway to delete my profession. I see our names are in 'green' Are we all greenies now? Or did they get a new different color?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Tried to reply twice, wouldn't go through, site still needs a lot of work.

Don't see how a "newbie" would find their way around this, seems like it would make them more frustrated since it's frustrating me. 

Dish, please go back to old format till you get the bugs worked out.  This may look "pretty" but if your more experienced users can't figure out how to use it how will someone with minimal pc knowledge figure it out? 

ZZV43701
Camera Crew

typed a big long reply, dumped itself to popup login, lost the repl.

It's total crap....

Anyway to find new posts?

And wow - I earned badges.  I don't need no stinkin' badges.

tommyy2
Visual Engineer

Replaced something that worked with something almost useless.

Kinda like what they did when they rolled out the new UI onto the Hopper 1, destroyed it.

Perhaps they did not like what was being posted on the old Forum so.....

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for being among the first customers to post on our new Communities!  We appreciate you logging in, exploring, and giving us feedback.  We'll create a post on the DISH 101 board to address specific features and functionalities.  Please  keep the feedback coming as you continue to use the new site!

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

With all the excessive white space and all the additional scrolling needed, if I continue to use this new site as much as I used the old site, I'll probably be needing to replace my mouse in 3 weeks because the wheel is worn out.

I also dicovered that 'Lithium' is placing unwanted third party cookies with every mouse click. [but I don't allow]

logdog
Visual Engineer

I've tried to reply to this twice but my posts disappear. This format is NOT user friendly...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback.  I'd like to get a better idea of what you're experiencing.  Is this happening when you're already signed in or when you're trying to post a reply and being redirected to the signin page?

logdog
Visual Engineer

Already signed in (took awhile to even figure that out... used to be automatic). And how do I see new or unread posts/replies? I had to scroll though 2 pages of posts to find out you replied my post from 2 days ago. New posts/replies are not refreshing to the top.