Fast is Tooooo fast

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast is Tooooo fast

Wwncl88
Extra
Fast forward is way too fast. TiVo, Directv, cable boxes, and DVD players all have multiple speed options much slower than 15x. This minimum fast speed of x15 is ridiculous!!!!!!
I am trying to see if I can get out of my contract commitment!!!!!
6 Replies

Re: Fast is Tooooo fast

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can definitely cancel, but as features is covered in the contract, the termination fee would apply.
Highlighted

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

You can tap the forward button and advance 30 seconds ahead with each tap.  I usually do that when I do not need the continuous fast forward feature.  Some of the shows I watch always have 3-4 minutes of commercial breaks.  Knowing this, I rapidly tap the forward button 6 times, then release, and I am instantly 3 minutes ahead.  Try that method if the 15x fast forward is too fast for your liking.  If you advance too far, tapping the reverse button goes back 10 seconds with each tap.

Wwncl88
Extra
I understand HOW to do it the "dish" way but it is less enjoyable than ANY other device I use. My TiVo fast forward x2, hit again, x4, hit again, x8, again x16. This allows you to WATCH something such as sports in x2 or x4 speed. ALSO if you forward past the desired point, it actually auto-rewinds a couple of seconds knowing that you response to a desired point is slightly delayed. You would think newer technology would be better, not WORSE !!!! Every single device I have EVER used is better than dish!! DVD, TiVo, cable box, DirecTV, you name it. Dish is terrible.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

I kind of like being able to record up to 16 different things at the same time on the Hopper 3.  I think the most we've ever recorded was 5 at once. On our old DVR, I believe the max was 2.

peggyrh
Casting Director

Agree, way better than my neighbors dvr, no comparison (one has Spectrum, one has Direct).  

DISH Employee

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestions. We truly do value your feedback as we are always looking for ways to stay Tuned In To You! We will be delighted to forward this to our Engineering Team for review and consideration.