cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish VOD

CL
Character Actor
Dish needs to fix the rental message on it’s video on-demand movies. I rented Book Club last night at 9 PM. When I went to watch it again this morning at 7 AM, it was not available. When I tried to find out why through DIsh online chat and even through Phone support, I was told that movies were only available for a 24 hour period that ends at 5 AM after your rental. On the VOD page where I rented the movie, it still says that the movie will be available for 48 hours after you begin watching it. This is definitely not true so it should be fixed. Dish was great to refund my money, but I do think that the terms for renting should be corrected on the rental screen.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Dish VOD

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The reasoning you were given applies to Pay Per View, not VOD.

CL
Character Actor
I agree, but I was told that this was the case for what I purchased which was VOD.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Vod will be however long the VOD shows.

Let me ask where you got the VOD from? Was it channel 1 or 501?

VOD will be available for anywhere from 24 hours-30 days... just depends on the program and source.

CL
Character Actor
It was 501. It said VOD, and under where I clicked Rent, it said that it would be available 48 hours after I began viewing.

DISH Employee

Hey there, CL. That does sound a little odd and I would like to get some feedback sent in for you to see if we can't get that corrected. Could you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information?