Dish Hopper 3 Remote will no longer turn off my TV or allow me to trun off the TV.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Hopper 3 Remote will no longer turn off my TV or allow me to trun off the TV.

Hopper 3 remote will no longer. let me turn off my TV, it goes into standby mode and runs a screen saver 24/7 on my TV. It says to push the power button to turn off the RV but it then just resets the 5 minute timer and then goes to screen saver.

3 Replies

Re: Dish Hopper 3 Remote will no longer turn off my TV or allow me to trun off the TV.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The receiver never shuts offf. It will go into standby unless unplugged.

Re: Dish Hopper 3 Remote will no longer turn off my TV or allow me to trun off the TV.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

You might try reprogramming the remote to the TV. Start out with the TV and Hopper 3 turned on and then follow the steps below.

How to Program Your DISH Remote Control
  1. Press the Home button on your DISH remote twice. If your remote is model 40.0, which lacks a Home button, press the Menu button once instead.
  2. Select Settings from the on-screen menu.
  3. Select Remote Control from the on-screen menu.
  4. Use the on-screen menu to select the device you want to pair.
  5. Select the Pairing Wizard option from the menu. Of the choices, the wizard is the easiest because it guides you through the process.
  6. Scroll through the on-screen menu to find the brand of the TV or other device you’re pairing. It’s important that you choose the right brand because the process the pairing wizard walks you through involves testing pairing codes, and these are different for each brand.
  7. ​​​​​​​The pairing wizard will now walk you through testing a series of device codes for the device you want to pair. Follow the on-screen instructions to test each code. For most devices, this involves pressing either the Volume or Power buttons on the DISH remote to see if anything happens. If the code works, select Finish on the screen. If it doesn’t, select Try Next Code and repeat the process.
  8. Test your DISH remote thoroughly. ​​​​​​​Even if the pairing process worked, it’s possible things won’t function as expected. This is especially true if your device has a lot of unique or specialized features. Test your remote now so you know it’ll work in the middle of the big game or a tense movie scene.
Highlighted

jsdvis
Costume Designer

This just happened to me. I have a 52.0 remote. Everything worked OK except the tv would not turn off. All I had to do was put in fresh new batteries and now the tv turns off. Hope this helps.