cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere on Roku

EdDial
Extra

First of all, I'm impressed with Dish Network's response to streaming services. I've found my satellite plan with the Flex Package allows me to keep all the features of my Hopper 3 while remaining price competitive. Dish took this the extra step by allowing the Dish Anywhere App on streaming devices, allowing me to take my Hopper on the road. I have but one request. I carry a Roku Stick when I travel and the only service I use that's missing is Dish Anywhere. in fact, Roku is the only major streaming appliance that Dish doesn't support. Please, Please add Roku to your family of supported platforms!! Is there a project currently underway? Is there a beta program I can subscribe to? Is there any expectation of dates that can be shared?

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere on Roku

DISH Employee

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying you DISH service! Currently we aren't aware of the compatibility with Roku being in the works, but we're happy to request this on your behalf. 

peggyrh
Casting Director

I'd suggest getting an Amazon Fire stick (instead of the Roku) when they go on sale for the holidays - it has Dish Anywhere & it's not very expensive.  No way of knowing if Dish will ever have an app for Roku so might as well get something that works now for when you travel.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

@peggyrh wrote:

I'd suggest getting an Amazon Fire stick (instead of the Roku) when they go on sale for the holidays - it has Dish Anywhere & it's not very expensive.  No way of knowing if Dish will ever have an app for Roku so might as well get something that works now for when you travel.

Yup, what she said.  I'd only add if you can afford the 4K Firestick that's the one to get.  Not only will it display 4K as well as SD but it is also much quicker in menues and everywhere else.  It was on sale for $25 a little while ago and will probably return there.