Dish - Add Amazon Prime Video App During HBO Outage!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish - Add Amazon Prime Video App During HBO Outage!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Well, that was the last bit of useful information. Do you want to update it every day with “nothing is new to inform you about”? That would probably make you just as upset.

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

I want them to stop giving the same reply to everyone that says go to Dishpromise.com for latest info when they know there is no info there since this issue started. By saying to go there they imply there is new info which there isn't. But it would be nice to know what steps, generally, they are taking. Are they appealing the judge's ruling that permitted the merger? If so, what is status of this appeal - when will it be heard, etc. Mos tlikely they can't discuss details but no one even knows if anything is being discussed or this is just a waiting game to see who gives in first.

@Chadt4141 wrote:
Well, that was the last bit of useful information. Do you want to update it every day with “nothing is new to inform you about”? That would probably make you just as upset.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Both companies admit that negotiations are still going on. They both admit they are not very productive, but still ongoing. Dish is not disputing the purchase because it is already at an appellate court with the DOJ. Google DOJ ATT and you’ll see. Took place on 6Dec and we are awaiting the decision from the courts which was said to be delivered this month. Still waiting. 4 more days in the month. Dish cannot release anything on the negotiations as there are confidentiality clauses signed by both companies before they even begin.

Cdog18
Character Actor

DOJ has upheld the merger! So when is Dish going to wake up and see that their customer base (a percentage of it wants HBO and CineMax back)!!!    The losse of over 300,000 custmers in 4Q18 should be a wake up call.  Also, I have heard that Dish CEO is looking to drive 5G.   I beleive he has his priorities mixed up!   Now that DOJ has made their final decision how long is it going to take to get these channels back?!    And, please do not tell me about streaming HBO with Firestick etc.  The cost is far more then what I was paying with Dish and streaming is so poor that it is not worth my hard earned cash to payfor it.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The cost is the same to stream HBO Now. It’s actually $0.01 less. In addition, those 366,000 lost, are regular losses, and HBO and Univision. A huge amount of the Latino community left. They addressed this in their conference call.

From here, it is not likely to see HBO and Cinemax return. It is likely gone for good.
Highlighted

map1pa
Costume Designer
Agree with all your points. My point is that Dish needs to make it easier for those want to access hbo. Give customers a choice and don’t hold them hostage while negotiations allegedly continue....

map1pa
Costume Designer
Totally agree! DishPromise is useless! It’s merely a marketing feel-good attempt from Dish to make customers feel they are listened to.... its all canned responses with no actual action being taken.... so sad that Dish’s days are numbered. They used to be great but not anymore....

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The choice is to charge the very much larger non subscribers so the minority can have programming that the majority of those that want it can get it elsewhere. That means that they would be taking choice away from customers, and charging for it. In this case, Dish is correct, even for those that may not feel that way. If ATt wasn’t demanding non subscribers pay for HBO, it would have been back a long time ago.