Dish - Add Amazon Prime Video App During HBO Outage!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish - Add Amazon Prime Video App During HBO Outage!

map1pa
Costume Designer

It's now been several months since Dish customers lost access to HBO.   Since Dish has apps available on the Hoppers for Netflix and YouTube, it would be a helpful customer-focused goodwill action if Dish added the Amazon Prime Video App so Dish customers can more easily access HBO while negotiations continue.   This will enable customers who want to subscribe to HBO during negotiations to go through the Amazon Prime app more easily via Dish technology vs having to switch TV inputs, press multiple buttons and use cumbersome remotes.   Adding this app is a simple solution that will go a Long way to building customer satisfaction and regain loyalty while Dish negotiates a deal with HBO. 

Dish, are you you listening?   Dish, do you care about your customers?   If you do, then MAKE THIS HAPPEN ASAP!  You take pride in your technology and certainly have the ability to add the Amazon Prime Video app which will be very helpful for Dish customers until an agreement is reached.

17 Replies

Re: Dish - Add Amazon Prime Video App During HBO Outage!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Need a contract with Amazon to do that.
Highlighted

map1pa
Costume Designer

Of course...but Dish needs to pursue this now since there negotiations with HBO haven't gone anywhere. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is no telling if they have already started that or not. There is a lot of things they could do, however the question is about are they going to cannibalize themselves with that decision. It’s a checks and balances. Short term gains may be long term losses, whereas long term gain, may be short term losses. That is how Charlie ergen made his billions from nothing.

RJ
Character Actor

They could just add 15 of any of the additional premium channels your missing from your subscription if your not a subscriber to what they still bill on our account as the so called AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PACK in which case you will be missing only 8 of them because of their other sleezy greedy money grab for those.  Then have the gull to charge customers with the missing 15 channels the $5 increase.  They could with hold such increase fees to those costomers missing HBO/MAX until they resolve this nonsense dispute.   DISH will not acknowledge they refused to have current contract extended to keep from losing the channels.  HBO has said that such deal was offered to DISH but they REFUSED.

That's really caring and looking out for your customers.

DISH Employee

AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would "play fair" when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. Please make sure to visit http://dishpromise.com for any new updates.

map1pa
Costume Designer

Tell me something new!  I know this already.   What I'm requesting is that Dish add an APP to make it EASIER for DISH CUSTOMERS to access HBO via the Amazon Prime video app.   

If you can't provide more acceptable responses  that actually respond to the question the customer asked vs. providing Dish corporate canned responses, please don't waste my time and yours!   Dish just lost 344,000 subscribers during the last quarter and NEEDS TO WAKE UP and listen to its remaining customers NOW or Dish will soon be no more and you may have to go work at AT&T.

Jodieg
Extra
Care about customer Dish and AT&T. !!!

DISH Employee

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you have been impacted by the HBO outage. I'm a fan myself and understand how it feels to miss some of your favorite shows. This is great feedback, I would appreciate if you also visit http://dishpromise.com and provide the feedback there as well please.

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

DISHPROMISE.COM is a joke!  It hasn't been updated since Dec 18, 2018 and says absolutely nothing useful about anything.