DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

rich2360
Character Actor
VERY!!!! upset that Dish has FORCED Google ASSistant on me. I do not want it. I liked the way was... You took a great feature and ruined it. Now it is USELESS! Give us back the previous voice software immediately! Or the option to choose.
41 Replies

Re: DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You do have the option. To use or not to use. There is almost no chance of it going back, though.

MrsGriff
Camera Crew

I completely agree with rich2360!   This is WRONG!

Streetglide-08
Camera Crew
It totally sucks! We paid to purchase these voice remotes and you switched without asking for customer thoughts. I purchased the remote to search channels on my fish receiver. If wanted to get the internet involved I’d use my internet. Dish you screwed up by making this decision. You need to go back to the previous or offer both as a customer choice

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The voice feature has always required internet...

treasuredphotos
Costume Designer

It may ahve required Internet but it did not need Google Assistant.  It was working fine, now if you do not want Google Assistant  you have to TYPE.  Why have the microphone on the remote if you have to TYPE?

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
If you didn’t want to use the voice feature as was before you had to type. The only change is the introduction of Google. That’s all. Everything else is exactly the same.

Streetglide-08
Camera Crew
Not on my end. If I search for example “ Undercover Billionaire” all it does is bring up a bunch on internet crap and trailers. Worked almost flawlessly before Google got involved.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
So it isn’t google that you’re upset with. It is the voice commands. Give it a little bit of time and those will be updated as well.

mg19
Character Actor
I agree completely.