DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

Streetglide-08
Camera Crew
We all had to pay for the voice remote. Totally useless to me now.

Katy
Extra

Totally agree. This is like bait and switch. I used the voice command frequently. I can imagine many folks with challenged eyesight might also. 

Bring it back. Why does google have such a hold on you. Are you owned by them?  If so, when my contracts up I am surely gone. Do not support them and their evil doing. 

JE
Extra
Completely agree. They have ruined a great feature. It doesn’t work most of the time and is 2x slower. When I ask to go the Weather Channel it gives me the app. I cannot tell it to go to channel 214. It says that it “cannot find to 14”!!

EdGianini
Costume Designer

I agree with everyone whom has voice remote-- few weeks ago i used it to find out DISH added Goggle assistant.. IT SUCKS.. It worked fine before thery added this garbage.. I would hope DISH reads these comments. Ther needs to be away to shut off Google Assistant, and still use voice on remote. They runied the remote.

Betsyeadie
Extra
I totally agree! This is NOT good business!!!! My husband is so angry he wants me to cancel DISH completely!!! I hate Google!! Why wasnt I given the opportunity to decide if I wanted this crap!! I want the voice remote to find channels, shows or movies! If I wanted Google to look something up I would use my computer not my Remote!!!! I want my old option back!!!! This SUCKS!!!!

Dogfaceman
Extra

Apparently Dish made a deal with the devil=google, I'm disgusted with this unwanted bait & switch without asking the customer.  You touted this voice feature months ago and I got it based on your information and it worked great, now the devil of online spying=google will intrude into my tv watching habits!  On my PC I'd installed the dishsnywhere app and now it won't work since the change and the browser I use (FIrefox) won't display the content either, I get a message that it's not supported and must use google sypware=chrome/safari.  I'm serving notice DISH, LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND REVERT BACK TO PREVIOUS SETTINGS/OPTIONS OR YOU WILL LOSE THIS 15YR CUSTOMER.  Turn away from the darkside=google, come back to your customers!

JonKane
Character Actor

Now, with Dish forcing Google Assistant on me, for simple commands like "Folk" or "Folk Channel" or "Grit" or

"Grit Channel," I get silly responses such as "Oops...." or "Channel not found" (or some worthless response)
or something about a book.  The voice capability of the Dish remote was excellent before the forced change.

Dogfaceman
Extra

Here is one more reason why I don't want anything to do with google:

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/459857-google-leaked-personal-data-to-other-companies-rival-cl...

Dish, please eliminated/cancel whatever deal you made with google in the name of privacy for your customers!

Dvgdn
Extra
I’m also very upset. I’m forced to use gmail because of work but I don’t have any other use for it. I didn’t get an option or a choice. Dish is wrong. Put back the original voice search I had when I signed the contract
Highlighted

DrYes
Camera Crew

Totally agree.  The voice command worked just fine as it was.  Forcing us to use Google Assistant is way beyond dumb!  I can’t believe I have to go back to primordial methods to find out when my baseball team will be on TV.   Maybe I should just deduct 5$ a month from my Dish bill as a courtesy to myself for having lost part of my promised service!