Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

bobC
Audio Engineer

@702steelersfan wrote:

No, it isn’t the same. It uses the phrase you say and searches the internet for articles, YouTube videos, and Wikipedia entries. It rarely brings up anything related to the guide. I want my tv remote to search what’s going to be playing on the service I pay for, not look all over the internet for related websites. This is stupid!

THIS ↑↑

If there's a way to get aound this with some sort of special voice commands it would behoove DISH to educate us users as to how to use new/updated features that have been forced on us.

Ahubbard3rd
Character Actor

I agree.  This was a money driven "sucker" play by Google.  Dish employees are high tech, but the management

is low tech and got "suckered" into the deal for $$.  I even believe they were naive thinking they were doing us a

favor with this deal.  WRONG!!!   Google is not to be trusted.  They have been caught many times doing what they

say they aren't.  No telling what else they are doing and haven't been caught.

A prime example:  I used to tell the Dish search program:  Go to Fox Business Channel..No problem.  Now with the

help of (Conservative)censorship minded Google, when I say the above I get  "Sorry that is not in our catalog".  What

happened to the "Google will determine who does a command for us them or DISH" statement made in the literature?

How is that helping me DISH management???

Solution for Amazon users out there...Alexa will change your channels, turn your TV on and off, go to your DVR

and play a recording for you.  True it lets Amazon and DISH know what you watch, but at least it spreads out your habits

to a different source and not "consolidated" with just Google/DISH knowing everything.  Forget true privacy in this

world.  If you want that cancel your internet connection and get a digital set of rabbit ears so you can watch

your local TV programs in private.

Ahubbard3rd
Character Actor

Good boy Chadt4141....You are obviously in the DISH management employment.  That's fine.  It your job to backup stupid

moves by your bosses.  The rest of us don't buy your explanations for this deal.  Google and the rest of MSN folks are

all for removing any Conservative news or at least making it more and more difficult to find it on the web and on TV.

Try asking your "wonderful" Google Search...Go to Fox Business Channel   ...Your answer will be "Sorry that is not in our catalog"  This is a stab at censorship on a blatant level.  Searching channels by name should have been "fully" implemented BEFORE DISH went with "censorship king" Google.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I work for them... that must be it.

Gatitaregia
Character Actor
Bring the voice command back!!!! Stop choosing for your customers, give us options like just voice commands, Alexa, Siri or Google, stop choosing for us and trying to force us to buy the Google Assistant, and no I am not ok to go back to the text search, or signing in with my google account and them later saying “stop sharing data”

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You don’t have to buy anything and you don’t have to login to anything. It is simply powered by Google.
PS... every company chooses for you... it’s your choice to use it or not. I can’t go to a Walmart and tell them to give me a choice of Great Value or Private Selection.

Sc0tt777
Camera Crew

You may not remember this but I remember when Dish built there business on a strong customer service model. 20 years now Ive had great programing great hardware and great service. Telling me I can't have a choice because I don't get a choice at Walmart is hardly the business model I've experienced over the decades.

bobC
Audio Engineer

@Chadt4141 wrote:
You don’t have to buy anything and you don’t have to login to anything. It is simply powered by Google.
PS... every company chooses for you... it’s your choice to use it or not. I can’t go to a Walmart and tell them to give me a choice of Great Value or Private Selection.

That is about the dumbest retort I've ever heard.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That you don’t have to buy anything? Interesting.

Natepifer
Extra
How do you turn this crap off, completely ruined the voice feature. All it wants to do is search the God **bleep** internet for content instead of the guide.