DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DO NOT WHAT GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!

mg19
Character Actor
I agree. If I want to search the internet for something, I’ll do so on a device other than my television.

Sc0tt777
Camera Crew

@Chadt4141 wrote:
You do have the option. To use or not to use. There is almost no chance of it going back, though.

I choose the old search or Alexa search options but wait I can't choose because I DON'T have a choice.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Your Alexa voice will still work. You do have a choice, just not unlimited choice. This is the same argument everyone made when they switched to the carbon UI as well.

treasuredphotos
Costume Designer

So it isn’t google that you’re upset with. It is the voice commands. Give it a little bit of time and those will be updated as well.

I’m not upset with Google, I’m upset with Dish for selling Google my personal information; what I like to watch.

Tags (1)

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
All you have to do is after accepting the terms is say “stop sharing” into the microphone...

Kmag
Character Actor

I totally agree. This new Google Assist is AWFUL and doesn't work at all. I liked the old system way better and do not want Google in my business. But it isn't just that - it doesn't WORK to find shows! So so stupid.

Kmag
Character Actor

That is the problem! The Google Assist addition is awful and doesn't help find shows and such even a percentage point as well as the old voice remote system. Please just go back to the voice remote system as it was before Google Assist. I HATE this!

Highlighted

AZ
Audio Engineer

Precisely! 

1. I do not want Google Assistant.
  2. I want the use of the old Dish voice search.

Currently, Google Assistant does not have all of the functionality of the old Dish Voice Search.

Dish, I want an option to use the old Dish Voice Search.  Thank you.

Streetglide-08
Camera Crew
Why do people want to fix what is not broken? Well now it’s it’s broken and I can’t see it ever changing back to what it was. Dish, you screwed up this time!

702steelersfan
Camera Crew

No, it isn’t the same. It uses the phrase you say and searches the internet for articles, YouTube videos, and Wikipedia entries. It rarely brings up anything related to the guide. I want my tv remote to search what’s going to be playing on the service I pay for, not look all over the internet for related websites. This is stupid!