Code 1599 system check

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 1599 system check

Mellines
Extra
My system has been running code 1599, system check over and over for the past 2 hours. Currently on hold with tech support for over an hour. I have already rebooted and it goes right back to code 1599. Anyone have solutions?
5 Replies

Re: Code 1599 system check

Cblanton86
Character Actor
Mine just started doing this about 30 mins ago. I have done a reset and also unplugged for 10 seconds..reboots, plays for about minute then reboots

Krusen
Extra

Same issue here.  Just started.  I've also unplugged for about 10 mins, replugged into a wall outlet (no surge protector) and it keeps resetting.  I did get to see about 30 seconds of live content before it rebooted again.  Now it's in a permanent boot loop.  If it matters I do have an OTA antenna hooked up. 

Wait time on the help number was 46 minutes when I called into the 800-333-3474.  Still waiting....

Krusen
Extra

Follow-up status.  I got through to phone support. She said they were having problems on the Dish side of the network.

They had me unplug the hopper, disconnect the coax cable to the dish, power back up and reconnect the coax while it was booting. She said this was to re-sync with the dish.  It then booted, went through the satellite acquisition screen, and they then had me go in to settings (home button on the remote twice, and down arrow twice) and check that the prime time anytime was on. 

If it happens again I'm supposed to call in again.

Cblanton86
Character Actor
I finally got thru to chat help after about 30 mins. They wanted me to do all the basic reset stuff. Which I had already done. Then told me it was a problem they were aware of. It started working fine shortly after. Dish seems to be having a lot of issues lately

baldman1
Audio Engineer

What system are these on Hopper 2 or Hopper 3 or somthing else?