Better Communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Communication

kneazle86
Character Actor
I spent 40 minutes on hold today just to be told the problem with my DVR is a known issue that is already being worked on. If there is a known issue, why can’t DISH send an email to customers letting them know? This would have saved time on both ends. I wouldn’t have called, customer service wouldn’t have had to deal with my call. A little communication goes a long way.
I understand technical difficulties arise from time to time, but I don’t appreciate wasting my time on hold just to hear a pre-fabricated response from a customer service representative. As a former CSR (for another company), I know how frustrating it is to repeat the same standard response over and over again. Both situations could have been eliminated if DISH had just sent customers an email explaining the situation. I know some people would have still called to complain, but those like me who just wanted to know what was going on, would not call.
With a simple email, I would know what’s going on and there would be a lower call volume for CSRs. Win-win.
8 Replies

Re: Better Communication

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Did you come to their official webpage where it has been discussed? It is on here...

kneazle86
Character Actor
Yes, I did look on the main website. I did not see anything. Can you please provide a link? I’ll be sure to look there next time I’m having any issues.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I meant here. This is where things will be discussed.

tommyy2
Visual Engineer

Chad since Dish closed the old forum and switched to this one it is difficult to find anything.  This forum is such a big step backwards I cannot believe Dish could not have known how bad it was before the switch.

@Chadt4141 wrote:
I meant here. This is where things will be discussed.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I do agree that this forum is a lot harder to use and discuss, and a lot less user friendly, however shortly before he posted this thread, there were atleast 2 others of the same alexact nature right on the front screen.

kneazle86
Character Actor
I did see the issue being discussed here, but I didn’t see any official response from Dish acknowledging the issue. (Maybe it’s been buried and I missed it.) This is where my suggestion of a basic email comes from. Just something from Dish acknowledging they are aware of the issue and are working on it would be greatly appreciated. Several customers stating they are having the same issue is not the kind of communication I am talking about.

DISH Employee

kneazle86, there is a current known issue with the DVR events disappearing when accessing the folder. Our Engineer Team is aware of this and are actively working on finding a solution. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and sending an email out is great feedback! I will be happy to get this suggestion submitted. 

baldman1
Costume Designer

Have you tried the Dish Facebook website? They ususally answer questions a little faster there.