Autoplay Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay Issues

Btiffanyratliff
Character Actor
My DVR only plays 2 or 3 shows before it goes back to the the selection page. DVR /delete/ live tv/start over. I need it to play all the shows in the folder. My older hopper did it.
12 Replies

Re: Autoplay Issues

DISH Employee

Hello, Btiffanyratliff. I hate to hear that you're having this issue, and I would be happy to find out what's been going on. You should be able to go into the folder and press your Option buttons > Manage Recording > Select all (or which episodes you wish to view) > Autoplay. Is this how you've been doing it? 

Julianna
Extra

I too am having issues with AUTOPLAY.  The person on the Chat was very respectful, pleasant, and truly seemed to be researching information about AUTOPLAY in order to help me but it was apparent that she had no clue what AUTOPLAY even is.  Furthermore she was unable to find any info about it in her database (which I assume is the DISH webpage, hah).

I suspect I'm having the same issue but my basic question is this-------------

Is anyone aware of where the link on the webpage that describes AUTOPLAY and how to set it up?

I hate to say that it isn't playing the episodes back-to-back when I'm not sure about the basics of the application.

I apologize in advance if the information is readily available and I'm just not seeing it...   :-)

Thank you!

Thanks, I appreciate your time...

PS:  I have posted this on another thread as well

DISH Employee

Good morning, Julianna! I do apologize for any confusion on this process. You can view how to set up continuous viewing of your favorite shows here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/binge-watch.

jema888
Extra

"how to binge watch" does not address this issue at all.   It just instructs you to select one episode at a time.  This is not autoplay.  We would like to watch all or selected episodes automatically, where they continue to play one after the other without having to manually select the next episode after the prior one stops.  Please!  This used to work ( a long time ago).

DISH Employee

jema888, to ensure autoplay is set up, click on the "DVR" button on your remote, then select "Options". Scroll over and select "Manage Recordings" and you will see all of your folders. Select a folder, then you will see the menu on the right light up allowing you to scroll over. The option for Autoplay is #5. Let us know if this helps! 

Btiffanyratliff
Character Actor
That does not work. If you select all, it only plays the first few then goes back to the DVD screen. You need to di
Fix this. It's a technology glitches not user error. The last hopper played all selected episodes. This one does not.

DISH Employee

Btiffanyratliff, we've forwarded this information to our engineering team for further investigation. By reporting the issues, our engineering team and Technical Operations team can work together to find the correct resolution. 

If you send me a private message with your account number and 4-digit security code I can add your account to the list. 

Follow these steps to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Btiffanyratliff
Character Actor
That's what I'm doing. It's not working

Btiffanyratliff
Character Actor
It's not working correctly.