54 Remote backlight

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 54 Remote backlight

buffalobilly
Extra

I came on looking for an option to lengthen the time the backlight comes on and found this thread instead.  I never seem to get done what I want to get done in the short amount of time the light is on and have to put the remote down and pick it up again to finish what I wanted.  This annoys me.  So, I came here figuring there must be an option to lengthen the time somewhere in all the options.  It seems like a common sense option to me, and with the hundreds of other options to customize things, I figured there must be an option somewhere to do this, and I could just not find it.  So, I came here to look and see that this suggestion was made over a year ago, and a representative from DISH even agreed it sounded like a good suggestion.  I am disappointed that a year has passed and they have nt figured out a way to make it happen.  As a new customer to DISH, this is one of the two things that annoys me, out of the dozens of things I love.  Please make it happen, DISH.

StevanMP
Camera Crew
I agree, one year is wayyyyyyyyyy to long. Makes me wonder if they really are working on anything?

AmericanVet
Extra
Wow, I was hoping I could extend the time as well.... Doesn't look good. A couple other suggestions if you don't mind. First I would like to add the ability to make the backlight brighter. I can barely see the backlight and by the time my eyes are adjusted the light has turned off. Also I would make the battery rechargeable rather than replaceable. I charging cradle would allow it to be charged overnight. My harmony touch remote has this feature and it's great. A small yellow led would indicate a low battery and a red for charging.

buffalobilly
Extra

I do love this idea of using rechargeable batteries.  This would also eliminate their concerns about battery life and allow them to easily customize the length of time and the brightness.  The only negative would probably be the additional cost of including rechargeable batteries and the charging base.  But, they could make it an option and allow customers to order the original remotes or the rechargeable remotes, and then base future decisions on how customers react to the options.  I would definitely buy at least two of these rechargeable remotes now if given the opportunity.

Dave

AmericanVet
Extra
Two more suggestions... I hate the fact you removed the 4 colored buttons from the remote. Now deleting recorded programs and folders from the DVR is much more difficult. Before a single click of the blue button removed an entire folder. Also if you are going to include the diamond programmable button at least let us choose any of the remotes features, I would have programmed it to act as the delete feature since the colored buttons have been removed