54 Remote backlight

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54 Remote backlight

StevanMP
Extra

How about adding an option to allow us to set the time (in seconds) the light remain on.  3 seconds is wayyyyyyy to short.

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: 54 Remote backlight

DISH Employee

StevanMP, that is a great suggestion! Thank you for this feedback; I'll make sure to forward this to our Engineering Team! 

clodale
Extra

I am a new Hopper user. Very happy with most things, especially the incredible software. But I agree that the remote needs to have longer backlighting. The keys on the remote are very small, even for an average-sized person like me. I invariably hit the wrong keys when the backlight goes off. In a partially-lighted room, one cannot see any of the remote keys. With a longer backlight time, it is less likely that I'll hit the wrong key.

I consider this an urgent issue and hope Dish will regard it the same.

First message was posted 4 weeks ago, and a Dish employe said it would be referred to the right dept. Was it? What is happening? Is extending the remote's backlight time even a possibility?

Questions: how long will it take to fix this? Will Dish employee post progress notes,so we know what is happening?

DISH Employee

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding the remote back light time. Yes this is the correct place to post your suggestions. Our engineering team will review the requests and order them by most requested. This may require a future software update to the remotes to make the change. Currently we don't have a time frame, but posting feedback let's our tech team know of any improvements you'd like to see.