local channel that was removed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local channel that was removed

Argh
Character Actor

How do I get dish to add back a local channel that was removed. The station says that they have offered it to Dish free of charge but Dish refused to put it back on the lineup. PUT IT BACK. I liked it.

12 Replies

Re: local channel that was removed

Roadijeff
Audio Engineer

You could probably add an OTA antenna and have the DVR do a scan for new channels so that it will add them to the Dish Guide. That way, you could record off them.

Dish sent me one for free back when they were having a dispute with my local stations.  I was surprised to discover how many local channels there were that I never knew about - nearly 50.  A lot of them are junk stations that I'd never watch but there are a handful of good ones, too.

user2013
Extra
Lockwood Broadcast Group have been in negotiations about our local KTEN NBC, ABC and Texoma CW in OK. It's been over a month now and they still haven't come to an agreement. It's all about Lockwood Broadcast Group wanting more money from Dish to keep their programming on DISH. It's all about greed. That's why the Subscribers aren't able t o watch these 3 ch annals. Whichever one you ask, the other is to blame that we weren't able to get our local programming. We don't care who's fault it is. We want our programming back. They need to get their big boy pants on and come to an agreement al ready. We want and need our programming restored. Both sides are holding the customers hostage trying to get the other to agree on the negotiations. We want our local NBC, ABC and CW RESTORED. It was stupid to REMOVE our local programming during these negotiations. Everyone needs to inundate the Lockwood Broadcast Group and Dish and tell them we wasn't our programming back.

user2013
Extra
The OTA ANTENNAS won't work in our area because the range on the OTA is 50 miles. We are 66-70 miles from the local KTEN towers. Therefore the OTA won't work in our area. Believe me we tried. A great Dish Technician came out and tried for 2 hours trying to figure out a way to get it work. We are just to far out of range. We want our locals back thru DISH .

Argh
Character Actor

We bought a tv antenna but we are just too far out of range for it to pick up anything consistently. It's a blip in and out thing, that drives me INSANE.. But I have tried. I just want Dish to add the channel back. The TV station said that there wasn't a charge for it.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Which channel call letters is it?

Argh
Character Actor

WPGA out of Macon, GA. That is the closest H&I to my location. The other one is in Toccoa, GA- WTGA

cm
Extra

Dish says that Lockwood Broadcast Group is the one the removed the programming because they couldn't come to an agreement in pricing. 

Lockwood Broadcast Group says they've sent a new proposal to Dish, but have not received a response back from Dish.

If Dish and Lockwood Broadcast Group can't come to an agreement regarding the pricing for the local channels, then why has Dish increased the charge to their customers for the local channels?  Customers are paying more money for less channels.  What's wrong with this picture?

Maybe it's time Dish's customers start looking at other providers for satellite TV.

kevlar
Camera Crew

Please don't be fooled by DISH. I have had DISH for years both at my girlfriend's house and mine. DISH is the ONLY TV provider where these disputes happen on a REGULAR basis which results in us losing our local channel(s). KTEN has NEVER had a carriage disruption, at any time, with any other provider but DISH. I'm sure DISH will find a reason to delete this post. The truth hurts.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Literally all providers, this happens to pretty regularly. Don’t be fooled by a single location...