Did you mean: 

Why are all other carriers able to afford Fox networks

Theripp
Extra

7 Replies

Re: Why are all other carriers able to afford Fox networks

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

@Theripp The other carriers are still working with existing agreements that have not yet expired. When it comes time for them to negotiate with Fox for new agreements they will likely go through a similar process that we are now enduring. Directv had several periods of blackouts or popular channels during the years I was with them. Directv is currently in a dispute that has blacked out local channels for customers in the Pacific Northwest. The tactics are always the same: the networks want to gouge us with huge increases and the carriers want protect us from huge increased fees so we have a stand-off. 

DiamondGirl9983
Camera Crew

And DISH doesn't gouge us?? get serious...

bdh
Camera Crew

Check out my post   

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/dish-is-costing-me-a-extra-50-a-month/m-p/29358

You tube TV has everything you want and it works great DVRed the Pacers and watched them last night 50 bucks a month and no contract 5 day free trial unlimited DVR 6-10 mb connection works great for 50 bucks can give Dish another month Looks like Sinclair getting nervousw and wants to make a deal if they do not you can do a buyout and drop dish one the best choices if you are like me and live in country 

cubhawk
Extra

No FS 1, 2, Fox North, Fox  Midwest or Big 10 Network.  Dish is not paying these carries, but continues to bill me for these stations.  This is crap.  Football season is my favorite and I am now having to go other places to watch games.  Is anyone really listening?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is only one price change per year, in January, and Charlie has already said that it is likely the price drops...

RaskaL
Extra
If we don't receive Fox channels sports channels FS1 and FS2 why are we still getting billed the same amount as the prior months if this situation does not get solved soon I will end my subscription with Dish and go elsewhere even spectrum is having better service at Nish

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

@DiamondGirl9983 If DISH is gouging us I can tell you (as a recent transfer from Directv) that we are getting gouged much less than the customers of the competition.