cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU App on Discovery Products

revchan
Extra

Hey Dish Customers and DISH:

This is more of a rant than a forum. Now, all companies (Spectrum, Cox, DirecTV, ATT Uverse, Hulu, etc.) are able to make a compact with Discovery Network and procure their customers to watch Discovery Network channels on an app such as ROKU or Android or iOS. What gives Dish? Why can't I find your name on the list of approved networks that I can login my account information with the package (America's Top 250) that I paid and still can't watch on demand on an app like any other customer. Are you blind? 21st Century customers want on demand access and yeah I thank you for giving channels like Nat Geo, AMC, Disney, etc. on demand access, but not Discovery Communications. It would be koodos for DISH to make an agreement with Discovery Communications and bring their content accessible to DISH customers.

Regards,

A. Chan

5 Replies

Re: ROKU App on Discovery Products

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Simple reason. Channels charge providers more for the Go Access, and Dish customers already have access to the majority of it at Dish Anywhere.

Bigvern1
Extra
Final reason for me to switch to Directtv after 20YEARS with Dish-esp now that NFL is coming up. BUT add this to the discussion as to whether they even KNOW what they're DOING at Dish: - even I first added Discovery to my Roku I watched AN ENTIRE EVENING WITHOUT HAVING TO ACTIVATE!!??!
When I was done I switched Back to Dish and continued watching Discovery on Dish.
Later on Dish cane up with their almost regular Complete Signal Loss error so I switched Back to roku while waiting for Dish to reset. It was only then that Roku required me to activate Discovery and found Dish NOT listed!??
So if Dish doesn't even have a contract with Discovery then how was I even able to watch it initially!???
At any rate Cordcutters HERE I COME!!!!!

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Did you use your Dish credentials on your Roku? Dish hasn’t had a streaming contract for the GO service, ever.

Bigvern1
Extra
As I said I went to roku and downloaded Discovery go and watched three separate programs-(Shark Week)-WITHOUT having to ACTIVATE! It was only AFTER switching back to Dish AND THEN having to go back to Roku that I was THEN asked to Activate DiscoveryGO!
YES something smells fishy here!!
There's probably some dea/differencel now or in the past between Dish and Discovery and OR Discovery Go that hasn't been shared with customer service/support yet. Wouldn't be first time with Dish.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
There would be no way for the Roku to know you switched to Dish, nor for Discovery to know you were/are a Dish customer. Sounds like you got a free trial or free episodes, but it would have nothing to do with the fact of you being or not being a Dish customer. The services and devices work 100% independent of one another. It would be like saying your VCR doesn’t work anymore because you switched your input to Dish. It doesn’t make sense, as they have nothing to do with one another.