cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

OANN

PDH74717
Character Actor

Am I the only DISH customer requesting the OANN Network (as a paid Add-On)? Would like to generate some interest here from other DISH customers. Thanx!   Philip

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: OANN

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
No, there are plenty of us. The problem is not one about is it wanted. It is a business issue. OANN pays DTV to carry its channel hoping to break into the market. The problem is that they turned around and are asking all other providers to pay them to carry the channel.

If that was the end of it, that wouldn’t be the issue, but that they would want carried in a programming package, not a la carte. Then let’s say they agree to a la carte, then when the next contract comes up, they want it added to regular programming or have it removed. The issue there is that Dish looks like the bad guy if it gets removed while they still pay DTV for carriage.

Momcat117
Character Actor

Well, you’re not going to look much like the good guys when your Conservative viewers are forced to move to ATT, Verizon, or Direct to gain access to OANN. FOX is swiftly flipping to Liberal format, leaving their Conservative audience with no representation in cable news access. Your lineups are competitive, but OANN access is going to be a major deciding factor for YOUR customer base as those contracts come up for renewal. As for myself, when my contract is up in April, I will have no choice but to switch. I’m sure a good half of your customer base is Conservative and in need of a news source...

@Chadt4141 wrote:
No, there are plenty of us. The problem is not one about is it wanted. It is a business issue. OANN pays DTV to carry its channel hoping to break into the market. The problem is that they turned around and are asking all other providers to pay them to carry the channel.

If that was the end of it, that wouldn’t be the issue, but that they would want carried in a programming package, not a la carte. Then let’s say they agree to a la carte, then when the next contract comes up, they want it added to regular programming or have it removed. The issue there is that Dish looks like the bad guy if it gets removed while they still pay DTV for carriage.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
BlazeTV...

judygo
Extra

I called Dish and requested they add OANN through chat also.  Direct TV has gone downhill since ATT took it over. Our friend who has it said they constantly overcharge him on his bill and customer service is terrible. Until Dish adds OANN you can watch it on YooToob and subscribe there.

jennifer
Extra

I would pay extra for it!  Come on Dish... we moved from direct TV and LOVE Dish...  but I miss my OANN.  Please consider adding!  I would pay extra for it...  

wwbagley
Extra
"OANN pays DTV to carry its channel hoping to break into the market." This is not true! https://www.multichannel.com/news/herrings-oan-awe-channels-gain-directv-slots-411991 OANN Programmer had sued AT&T over failure to pick up the networks on satellite-TV platform.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Where in that article does it say that is not true?