Need an Affordable Programming Package

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an Affordable Programming Package

jaliisah
Character Actor

I have been with Dish for years and like the service, however, I am increasingly finding it difficult to afford. Every year the cost of gas, food, insurance etc. goes up and the Social Security I live on does not. I presently have the so-called Flex package but it is anything but flexible. For $35 a month, it has 50 channels, of which I actually use five. The rest is a waste. In addition, I have to pay another $12 a month for the local channels. To get the programming I really watch, I have to add four Specialty Packs.  I tried the much more affordable Welcome Pack at $22 a month including the local channels but it would not allow me to add the Specialty Packs I needed to get the programs I watch.

I would like to suggest that you offer a truly flexible package: 25 channels of the customers choice to be made from all the Core Packages and Local Channels for $25 a month with the ability to add on any of the Specialty Packs and Premiums channels at the regular price.  A second idea would be to offer the Local Channels as a stand alone package with the option of adding any of the available Specialty and Premium Packs. A choice like either of these would prevent you losing customers like me. I am not ready to bail yet, but am looking more and more at Roku, Hulu and other streaming choices. I would rather stay with Dish, but finances are making it harder and harder.

3 Replies

Re: Need an Affordable Programming Package

Chadt4141
Casting Director
The way the channels are arranged currently, are contractually obligates by the channel owners. Unfortunately, what you’re looking for cannot be done.

jaliisah
Character Actor

If accurate, there is no reason that something that actually benefits the customer could not be negotiated. With so many free and very low cost alternatives, even if they are a little less convenient, it would seem prudent for Dish to work very hard on decent packages. In the meantime, it might be smart to buy Roku stock, but satellite TV is terribly expensive which is why so many people are moving away from it. Why must I be forced to pay so much for something I don't use  just to get access to what I do use. I did a count this evening. I actually watch 23 channels plus Starz. I will soon have to start looking for alternatives.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That’s why Dish has SlingTV. And the many different channel owners do not want it to be a thing. That is why it is not. It’s not the providers, it is the channel owners.