NBC Sports on Flex Pack

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBC Sports on Flex Pack

bluesxman5
Extra

I love the Flex Pack option but it's driving me nuts that I am unable to get NBC Sports at all, even with add ons. I posted this to another board and someone replied that it's not up to Dish, the channel provider decides what packages their channel shows on. I contacted NBC and they don't seem to think it's on them either. So no one seems to be able to tell me why this is. Can anyone tell me why NBC Sports isn't an option and if there are any plans to add it in the future? I switched to the flex pack because I only watch probably five to ten channels and that is one of them. Thanks.

3 Replies

Re: NBC Sports on Flex Pack

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Channels are arranged contractually on every provider by the channel owner. NBCU is the one that makes that call. That is how retransmission agreements work...

timo2z
Extra

Thanks for your answer. That explains a lot. Because I had the same question on why NFL in not in the action pak for flex.  [ Or the regional At&T sports networks are not in the regional action pak.}  I would much rather get NFL red zone via dish than having to use the nfl app on ROKU.

amy4hsales
Extra

I am also requesting NBC Sports to be included in the multi sport package.