Is Dish Going to Offer the ESPN ACCN in August on Satellite?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is Dish Going to Offer the ESPN ACCN in August on Satellite?

RD
Character Actor
Is this the best outlet/forum to get our point across and put pressure on Dish to add ACCN? I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

To be honest, I don’t think Dish listens to. This forum or cares. The only thing that gets Dish’s attention is when a large number of people cancel service and all vouce the same reason. I have articulated my reasoning and so far nothing has changed and absolutely no comment from adish.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

Not sure if any forum is a good forum to pressure Dish to negotiate adding the ACC Network. To be honest, I don’t think a dish is reading these posts or for that matter cares what subscribers want. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They read these and the requests get passed along. Relatively speaking, the requests have been minimal, however. Don’t confuse a request with the guarantee of a channel addition. Sports are expensive and at a crucial part of the television trade, get ready to see providers offer less niche channels.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

I am thrilled to know they read the requests and pass them along. However, looking at the non response the general subscriber wouldn’t know that because they say absolutely nothing.

And I am sure you know for sure that thecrequests have been minimal, whatever constitutes minimal. 

Dish pays rays for a bunch of garbage channels that I can imagine get minimal views.

The number of top ACC sports teams is more than minimal.

I pay extra for the multi-sport package and Dish is in a fight with Fox Sports Regional Neteorks, which are blacked out. Now I am psying Dish for channels I am not receiving and Dish is not paying for the content. Now who do you think is making money while these channels are blacked out? The answer is Dish.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You’re not paying for any channels you’re not getting. It’s the same reason you don’t pay more when they add channels, either...

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

With all due respect, I pay extra for the multisport package each month. That is in addition to the Top 200 package. I am billed from the 24th of the month for the next month’s programming. The multi sport package includes 59 Regionsl Sports Channels, according to my program guide. Of those 59, FoxSports has blacked out 14 of those. I pay for those 14 and I am not receiving them. Instead,  I get a Dish PSA about dishpromise.com and video on this blacked out channels saying Dish is working on restoring those channels. So don’t tell me that I am not paying for something I am not getting because I am doing just that. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Again, I recommend reading your agreement. You pay for a package sold as subject to change. It has changed. You have the option of dropping the multisport package if you no longer feel it to be worth it, but you’re not being charged for something you’re not receiving. Specifically the agreement says that any channel may be dropped at anytime with no expectation to compensation. Mydish.com/legal for your records.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

Obviously, you know everything. So know this. I called a Dish and they agreed that I was charged for 59 channels but wasn’t receiving them due to the blackout. I was going to cancel the package, but they offered a partial rebate.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You talked to a low level CSR that part of their job performance is retention. They retained you. Congrats. It doesn’t change anything else that has been said, especially the part about no expectation to compensation. What they gave you was a courtesy credit, to retain your business.