Is Dish Going to Offer the ESPN ACCN in August on Satellite?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dish Going to Offer the ESPN ACCN in August on Satellite?

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

I have noticed that FIOS, DirecTv and several other providers plan to offer the new ESPN/ACC Network scheduled for roll out in August. DISH was not on the list of providers. I realize that through DISH I get WatchESPN p, which has the online ACC Network, however I would 'Ike to see it just as the Zlonghorn Network, Big Ten and SEC are offered. Does Dish plan to offer it when it premiers or not?

35 Replies

Re: Is Dish Going to Offer the ESPN ACCN in August on Satellite?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Truthfully, probably not, as aportsare in decline as far as viewership and subscriptions go. Disney doesn’t like their channels in sports only packages, so it would probably be a good guess they will not pick it up. If there is enough demand, however, that could very well make a difference.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

Hopefully, someone from DISH will take time to state the company’s Intentions. 

F4Gary
Camera Crew

If they don't pick it up, they will lose a lot of ACC sports fans.  Me included.

Django
Character Actor
If dish does not offer the acc network before the first game I will switch to direct TV as well as about a dozen of my buddies

47ontheair
Character Actor

...Count me in, as a very LONGtime Dish network customer, as one who also wants Dish to become an ACC Network provider by launch time!!! I know that I pay for literally, a hundred or two channels, that I NEVER watch, and would expect MY satellite provider (DISH), to at least TRY to keep up with their competitors (DIRECTV) who WILL carry the ACC Network, and who also constantly pursues me to swith to their network! The main reason I KEEP my Dish service, is for college football season, and some of my team's games will ONLY be available on the new ACC Network! I hope you are listening Dish!!!

@Wallybunker wrote:

I have noticed that FIOS, DirecTv and several other providers plan to offer the new ESPN/ACC Network scheduled for roll out in August. DISH was not on the list of providers. I realize that through DISH I get WatchESPN p, which has the online ACC Network, however I would 'Ike to see it just as the Zlonghorn Network, Big Ten and SEC are offered. Does Dish plan to offer it when it premiers or not?

e listening Dish!!!

Highlighted

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

Unfortunately, it appears that DISH is not listening as the lack of response from DISH is deafening. There isn’t even a condescending comment: “We will send a request to the programming department.” The sad part about this new network is that many games that were shown over-the-air by Raycom Sports or RSNs will only be available on ACC Network, which DISH may or may not carry. DISH should be reminded of several things. The most recent NCAA football champion was Clemson, an ACC school and the Men’s NCAA basketball champion was Virginia, another ACC school. Finally, the runner up in this year’s NCAA Women’s basketball championship was Notre Dame, the previous year’s champion and another ACC school. The women’s soccer College Cup championship game featured two ACC schools, the University of North Carolina  and Florida State, with FSU winning the match and national championship. I could go on but why bother? Maybe DISH will figure out that the ACC is a pretty solid conference and make the correct choice and carry it.

dbknittel84
Character Actor

I also will be leaving if the ACC ESPN Network is not provided. Please feel free to share my comment to anyone it takes to get the ACCN on Dish. 

webby
Character Actor
Dear Dish Programming Director,
As a Dish customer for over 20 years, I have always appreciated your efforts to prevent the increases in fees from networks to become a heavy financial burden on your customers. I realize that you may very well be in negotiations with ESPN behind the scenes. As a Clemson alumni, I can tell you that your Clemson fan viewership alone will justify any viewing quotas that you are concerned with meeting. The rise in ticket prices and the convenience of watching the games at home is well worth the cost of the existing Dish sports package.
Please don't wait to inform your customers what the real reason is for your silence. If we need to contact the AD's from every ACC school (if the AD's or marketing fees are an issue). ACC fans are committed.
After 20 years, please don't make one of your most loyal customers switch to DirecTV.

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

As stated previously, Dish seems to ignore this topic, with absolute silence. I have been a Dish customer for more than 20 years. I too have agreed with the policy to keep subscription prices somewhat in check. However, I get hundreds of channels I never watch. I pay for the sports package and expect sports networks to be part of that package. It isn’t just Clemson fans who demand the ACC Network, but as you noted other ACC school fans do as well. For those fans who live too far away to attend games or cost is prohibitive, this new network is the answer. In addition, the creation of this network reduced markedly the number of games available in local stations in contract with Rayvom. Those games will now only be available on the ACC Network. It’s time for Dish to step up and acquire rights to broadcast the ACC Neteork just as it does the SEC Network, PAC-12 and BTN. Dish touts it’s custom er service ratings with JD Powers, now its time to show that it wants to satisfy customers.