Heroes and Icons TV Again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heroes and Icons TV Again

baldman1
Camera Crew

I've asked this before about getting this network on Dish and I did some research and found that Dish has Heroes and Icons on the sattelite in 5 states(Washington, Vermont, New Mexico,California, and Utah. Why can't we get it on for all to see.

9 Replies

Re: Heroes and Icons TV Again

THOMASSTOUT
Character Actor

Completely agree.  Heroes & Icons channel is one of my favorites that I watch when I am up at my house in Washington.  Very disappointed it is not available in Sacramento.  Makes me want to change to another service.

THOMASSTOUT
Character Actor

Get rid of some of the garbage channels that NO ONE watches and put this on.  It is full of great series from the past.  Excellent channel.  DISHTV try to do something right.

robbiek19723
Camera Crew

If you have a local station in your area that has this channel you can get the over the air part that hooks to your receiver through dish and download your locals off your antenna into the receiver and they show up on the guide have it and love it also if you have great signal to your locals in your area you can save $12.00 a month by getting this part and downloading your locals off your antenna into your receiver and gett all the locals in your area and Save $12.00 love it have one hooked to my Hopper

baldman1
Camera Crew

I know it's over the air and the only way I found out about this network was when I visited my brother in Columbus Ohio and he had it over the air. Unfortunately I don't have it in my area here in Florida and that's why I thought maybe the mods on here would put in a good word for it. I did the same thing with MeTV and they got it on the sattelite. That's why I posted that Dish had it in 5 states why they couldn't do it nationally.

wrote:

If you have a local station in your area that has this channel you can get the over the air part that hooks to your receiver through dish and download your locals off your antenna into the receiver and they show up on the guide have it and love it also if you have great signal to your locals in your area you can save $12.00 a month by getting this part and downloading your locals off your antenna into your receiver and gett all the locals in your area and Save $12.00 love it have one hooked to my Hopper

THOMASSTOUT
Character Actor

I don't really understand your comment.... "over the air part that hooks to your receiver through dish" but I will contact Dish and see what they have to say.  It would be great to be able to get the channel.  Thanks for your help.

THOMASSTOUT
Character Actor

I have an appointment with Dish to install the over the air device that will allow me to watch Heros and Icons channel.  They will come and install at no cost to me and if I am correct it will reduce my monthly bill by about $10 a month.  I am curious to see if all this is accurate.  Thanks for your advice so far.

robbiek19723
Camera Crew
Correct they will hook your off air antenna to your receiver and what ever channel is broadcasting the heroes and icons channel will show up on your receiver along with all the locals you get off your local antenna and you will save $12.00 when you cancel the locals from Dish after you see that your antenna works on your receiver I love it on mine

THOMASSTOUT
Character Actor

The Dish technician came and installed.the over the air antenna.  Sadly, it was not able to connect to the Heroes and Icons channel. Seems the broadcast tower is far enough away that I could occasionally see a heavily pixilated picture.  Looks like I am out of luck.

robbiek19723
Camera Crew
So Sorry To hear dont know how far from the tower you are?? But maybe a 60 to 80 mile radius antenna on the house may help bring that local a little better have that prob with the ion channel Wtpx on the off air side see it once and a while like the ion life once and while but watch ion on dish so yeah hear ya on the weakness of the signal