Game Finder Team Listings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Finder Team Listings

jem
Character Actor

Game Finder: I set my filters, etc. up to display college football games. When I go to the list for today, I see the games listed, but this is the problem - they are listed by MASCOT and not the COLLEGE NAME. This is crazy - several college/universities have "Tigers" as their mascot, so when "Tigers" is listed vs "Bears" - how do I know which college is playing?? Even the snippet of information does not include both college/universities. PLEASE CHANGE the display to list the SCHOOL and not the MASCOT! Now, if for some chance, I have overlooked a setting to change this, PLEASE INFORM ME.

13 Replies

Re: Game Finder Team Listings

soonerborn
Extra

I agree please change it back to team names not mascots.

jmetylr
Extra
Yes! It is totally useless to show the mascot names. Bad idea. Put the school name back on the list.

Jst2285
Character Actor
Did anyone figure out how to get the school names to show on game finder instead of mascots?

Jst2285
Character Actor
This bad bad bad!!!! They better fix this soon!!!

GerryNOP
Camera Crew

Makes the app almost useless for college games.

davehul
Costume Designer

agreed,   it's rediculous to use the mascots instead of the school/team name.   Come on DISH,  get your act together.  In addtion I wrote 8 months ago that I can't unfavor teams from my list and that's still an issue.  And this morning I tried to add college basketball teams and get a "we are unable to retrieve the items" message.   

baldman1
Cinematographer

Go to the search function and if College Football isn't in the right hand bracket type it in. That will give you the school names and times they play on that day.

jem
Character Actor

You misunderstand baldman1. I am aware of the Search tool. GameFinder is the so-called 'short-cut' through the process you describe. If you go directly to GamFinder (hit the lower right button on your Dish remote)...this is the screen that I'm talking about. It only shows team mascots like 'Tigers' or 'Bears'...of which there are many. It's here that Dish needs to list the name of the college - not the mascots. Is there any way you know of changing this to the name of the college??

jem
Character Actor

I haven't. Still waiting for a solution...