cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Fox Sports

Rudy1062
Character Actor
I swapped to Dish network about 4 weeks ago from another tv provider. I got the extra channels so I could get the fox sports network to watch the Atlanta Braves. I now cannot watch this channel or my team play. It’s very frustrating! I enjoy the Customer service dish provides but at this point that absolutely it. If the issue with them and fox doesn’t get resolved fairly quick I will be swapping tv providers again without a doubt!
22 Replies

Re: Fox Sports

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Just remember, if you recently switched you’re likely in a 24 month contract and the termination fee would remain valid. Dropped channels are explicitly covered in the contract.

kingsxman
Character Actor

The termination fee is the thing that I want to know about.  I recently re-upped and specifically told them that I dont want this Fox sports nonsense again.  (I left Dish for 2 years last time they lost Fox Sports).   As far as I'm concerned,  they have broken thier contract with ME by not giving me the channels that I have paid for.   How can they hold you too a contract when they are not keeping up thier end of the bargain. 

These things always get settled but its tough on customers.  There are too many options out there for this to continue to happen to dish.  

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What you signed was different. It says explicitly that any channel can be removed at anytime. There is no channel guarantee so the termination fee would be valid under the contractual terms.

PepeLep
Visual Engineer

Absolutely! Dish, your time is limited. Get a deal or you'll be out.

The reason I have Dish is for Cardinal games!!

TwinsFan100
Extra

I hear ya. We BOTH missed a great game last night between the Braves and the Twins.  My only question (as I wait on hold) is HOW MUCH is the penalty if I leave. This is ridiculous, arguing about pennies when it really comes down to it.

Irishawk31
Visual Engineer
contact the fcc this will force Dish to answer you and explain plus work for their money. It also applies pressure. I actually got a response from Dish in 1 day after contacting the fcc

Irishawk31
Visual Engineer
kingsman contact the fcc you will get action I did. It looks bad for Dish with number of complaints being filed. Make sure to file separate ones on Fox channels, HBO, and also breach of contract (broken promises). You will make them work for their money they HAVE TO RESPOND ON EVERY FCC COMPLAINT. It brings pressure .

Joehult
Character Actor
At this point, there are only a handful Comcast and AT&T regional sports networks left that dish is still carrying. Why are we not getting a sizable discount? It costs $50 per month to sign up for Hulu or YouTube live tv, so let’s start there. Make a deal with with Disney, or knock $50 off you rates, or I’ll eat the termination fee and never bother coming back.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is no breach in contract, and the contract explicitly covers this(including compensation).

H. Changes in Services, Features and Functionalities Offered. We have the right to, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (i) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (ii) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities. In the event that we add, alter and/or change any prices, fees and/or charges, then you agree to pay such added, altered, and/or changed prices, fees and/or charges. In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities.

Hopefully this settles it, since Irish disagrees... here is the black and white of it.