Fox Sports Detroit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sports Detroit

RoxPetoskey
Character Actor
I’ve been a Dish Network customer now in three different locations across 21+ years. Throughout that time one of the only reasons I have Dish is because I can watch every single Detroit Red Wings game. If I have to give up Dish to go elsewhere to watch the Red Wings, you can bet I will do just that. While I love Dish, I will not stand for my channels being taken away for financial foolishness. I want Channel 5, Meredith Corporation, back also. I’ve witnessed this behavior by Dish many times over the years. It’s getting downright ridiculous. Fix the issue or lose another customer.
6 Replies

Re: Fox Sports Detroit

RandM_MI
Extra

I completely agree. Tired of the threats of losing one of the few channels we watch regularly.

We are moving in a few short weeks and if Fox Sports Detroit is not available, we will be leaving all our equipment at the old house and getting a new provider.

Seems like every year we lose channels and yet the bill keeps going up.

There's too much competition out there to entice customers away; dropping channels will just make us leave sooner.

Put the negotiations into "serious" mode and renew all the Fox Sports channels and local Chanel 5 as well!

Goblue16
Extra

I am with you on this. Moved from Detroit to Philly 3 years ago and kept DISH because of the regional sports. Comcast continues to hound me to ask me to take their tv service and I will not since they do not offer regional sports. That may change now if we lose regional sports. I know here in Philly I cannot see full Piston, Red Wing or Tigers games due to blackout rules, but if the game runs past the regulat time, I can see the rest of it. Last night I watched the Tigers from the 6th inning to the end. Anyway, if they do not settle, I will be going to Comcast or DirectTV. I have been a subscriber for 17 years. 

timu2424
Character Actor
I agree. I hope Disney gets it together or I'll be dropping Dish.

dishsince97
Extra

Excellent post!  I have been a dish customer since '97, mainly for FSD.  Since the Tigers suck right now, I'm not too bothered by the absence.  If this is not resolved before the Red Wings start playing, I already have things lined up with Direct TV.  They have a great introductory package with additional credits and a VISA gift card.  Sorry Dish Network but it's very simple - No Red Wings - No Dish!!

Jlu
Extra
I am a newish dish customer and will be dropping it as soon as I can if FSD is not renewed by the time the detroit red wings start. It is rediculus to hold customers hostage.

Xupers
Extra
Time to look at alternatives. We are now into the red wings season and I have to go to the bar to watch the games now. Haven't seen a reduction in my bill but i don't have the channels I want. Get the channels I want back or I'm gone.