Flexibility to Add Add-ons - Where is VOC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexibility to Add Add-ons - Where is VOC?

Kaluig
Extra

When will Dish really listen to their customers? Do they look at the VOC voice of the customer feedback?

I currently have the Welcome Pack whcih suffice my tv needs. However, I like to add the Latino Bonus Pack for 10 dollars more per month but i cant as it is not available! In order to do that, I need to upgrade my programming to either Flex or Smart packs to then add the Latino Bonus pack. Well, that change alone adds $10-12 to my monthly bill then I need to add local channels for another $12 because it comes with my Welcome pack but it does not with Flex or Smart packs to then be able to add the Latino Bonus pack for another $10. Talking about $32-34 more per month to just add one pack that i wanted but in reality is forcing me to add other channnels under Smart/Flex packs I dont want or need plus paying for local channels !!!

Why are not ALL add-on packs available to ALL programming packs?? You could charge more than $10 on Latino Bonus pack in order to be added to the Welcome Pack and only $10 if you have the Flex or Smart packs. As a customer, I should be able to add the add-ons I want instead of being forced to upgrade my programming and then pay more for local channels as well. That simply makes no sense and I now understand why so many people are moving out of cable and satellite providers to live streaming providers instead.

At the same time, it would be additional revenue for Dish to make all add-on packs available to all programming pakcs with their correspondet charges. It would make sense to charge more on add ons if you have the lowest pack and chanrge less on add ons if you carry the top programming pack. But at least have that flexibility to pick and choose the add ons you want instead of being forced to upgrade your programming to then be able to select the add on you want.

Pay attention to VOC !

4 Replies

Re: Flexibility to Add Add-ons - Where is VOC?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

You're asking for something that doesn't exist in pay tv & probably never will.  Contracts with channel owners decide which channels are set in what packages and they don't want customers picking & choosing specific channels (it's not up to Dish).  Before the Flex Pack became available (8/16) there was no way to even drop sports or childrens programming or adjust channels at all. 

Kaluig
Extra

So you are saying there is no way to make all add-on packs available to all programming options with different prices depending on their low or high end programming packages?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Not until the pay tv industry makes major changes.  It's all about the network owners (not Direct, Dish, Comcast, Charter or any other provider), & now that only a few major companies own most of the channels they control our options.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
You see the same shifts in online options as well. PSVue has recently gone through some of this, SlingTV, YouTubeTV. Peggy is correct