Dish app on Roku and other channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish app on Roku and other channels

calmike68
Extra

When trying to stream Sci channel it askes for your provider but Dish is not listed ..WTF ?..better fix this problem now...what am I paying for ?

4 Replies

Re: Dish app on Roku and other channels

Wolfcharmer
Extra
I've been complaining about this for months and dish only responds if the content of my messages can be answered in a favorable way for them. You cannot access multiple channels on roku with Dish as the provider. Apparently these networks which I previously had full access to on my Roku when directv was my cable provider, all have one common problem and that is Dish Network! At least 5 apps/channels I regularly watched aren't listing Dish in the provider list and I'm guessing that is because Dish isn't allowing it for some reason because at least one of those channels repeatedly expressed to me that they have been trying to get Dish on board and would continue to try. Now that HBO has been blocked and Dish representatives blatantly placed the fault with HBO in their email communications with me while HBO maintained that Dish was to blame to blocking our HBO services which still show as current on the Dish bill. You can't even cast Dish Network from a chromecast nor does Dish offer an app to watch through Roku though many other cable and satellite providers actually do have their apps available through Roku just like Directv. Dish doesn't want their customers to be able to view their own services outside of the satellite because they want to control everything and have it be profitable for them though NO SAVINGS is being passed on. I mean up to $140 monthly for some bull$h!t channels on 3 tvs with so many commercials you want to dig your own eyeballs out with a stick or smash your $800 television but god forbid we should be able to access anything through roku or chromecast and cheat Dish Network out of squeezing every **bleep** possible dime they can from their customers! Where is the petition to DirecTv getting them to offer all dish customers free installation immediately on 4tvs and all our channels plus Roku and any other device with set monthly fee and no extra hidden charges piling up? Sign me up. Dish Sucks! Taking my HBO half way through a movie then pretending not know what happened while still charging 2 weeks later and defending their own lies is the breaking point for me. I'm with you. Disgusted in Missouri.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Access to the apps cost more money monthly.

You can access Dish away from home on a device, just not a ROKU. You can use a Firetv Stick and access DA.

olpdog
Camera Crew

Dish doesn't care. They want your money and your mouth shut. And I believe this is just the beginning of the screw job they are initiating on us customers. Until the rumors about Dish doing away with TV programming entirely and turning solely to 5G internet services are clearly debunked, I would suggest no one sign a new contract with Dish.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is no rumor that they are turning away satellite tv. They are, in fact, starting a 5G network, but it may not even be under Dish. It is likely to be under Echostar and it is Internet of all things(IoT).