Channel 289 Comet gone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 289 Comet gone?

jimfrankie
Extra

I also lost Comet TV. I have Hopper and  Top 250. It is not anywhere on my Dish.  Changed to All Subscribed and it's not there.

OK3535
Extra
U have to upgrade I just called gonna cost extra 25 dollars a month to upgrade to hopper I am mad bout it probaly switch to direct tv

OK3535
Extra
U gotta upgrade I just called its bs my system isn't HD they said comet switched to hd

MizzMo2
Character Actor

Ya, if you go with a hopper, but I didn't, I got a upgrade to a newer sd hd dvr. That should be free. I don't want a hopper. The price goes up after a year.

MizzMo2
Character Actor

Ok, technician is leaving. Both my recievers lost 289, so he ended up replacing the LNB and I am now back up and running with 289.

kuhio98
Camera Crew

MizzMo ~ What is an LNB?

We just had a tech here who said that COMET 289 is now broadcast on a different satellite and we do not have that satellite -- and don't want a 3rd dish on our roof -- The tech told us that we could not see 289 unless we get a 3rd dish.  So, what is an LNB?  Maybe that's what we need. 

MizzMo2
Character Actor

The tech guy actually ended up replacing the whole dish to an HD oval dish(didn't know for a few days that the whole dish was replaced til I saw the old dish behind a table). An LNB is the plastic deal that faces the dish from an arm. My technician that came had no clue about the channel, never heard of it, and was on the phone back and forth with technicians. You should call technical support again. Now, do you have a sd/hd reciever? Does your dish say anything about dish HD on it? It seems to me that since this is a new issue, you need to press them and get it right. Press them for a higher up technician, and not just the ones who answer the calls.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes as there will be others wondering wtf to do.

FarmerBob
Camera Crew

Well since it's owned by Sinclair and operated by MGM, it could be anything... 

Tech1
Extra
Comet is carried on Western Arc Sat 129 and Eastern Arc Sat 61.5. If you don’t have them it’s probably a line of sight issue, or your dish/lnbf need to be upgraded!

kuhio98
Camera Crew

FINALLY received an answer. You must be pointed at satellite Western Arc Sat 129 and Eastern Arc Sat 61.5 to receive channel 289 COMET.  Evidently they moved off of satellite 110 or 119 (the ones we receive).