Channel 289 Comet gone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 289 Comet gone?

dmac925
Extra

Yesterday we had channel 289 Comet today we don't.  Since we have 2 local channels that we have had access too for over 3 months, it would nice to keep the remaining ones.  Any explanation as to why 289 is gone?

19 Replies

Re: Channel 289 Comet gone?

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer

I just checked my Hopper and Comet - channel 289 - is there in HD and showing Babylon 5

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s no longer SD. Only HD. What satellites are you receiving?

MizzMo2
Character Actor

I recently upgraded my recievers but do not have the hopper. My tv listings show multiple channels in sd and hd, with the same channel numbers so I can watch either, but there is not even the option to watch comet. The channel number is GONE. I did call dish last night and she said something about they were having issues with the channel being broadcast from comet. I do know theres been times it would lock up around midnight my time. I just want some answers because  to my knowledge, after looking into it, there are no other channels showing any stargate.

rspaulding
Extra

An employee submitted an answer to the question where did comet go saying it was there for those with America's top 120 or above.  He is telling a porkie.  I have the Top 200 and its is no longer on All Channels or my subscribed channels!  Please FIX!

Highlighted

badgerdog
Character Actor
It’s there. On the hopper, I edited my favorites and it’s now in HD.

sebastes
Extra

I lost 289 yesterday as well.  What sat are you getting it in HD?

johnmetz
Extra

channel 289 comet is gone, What happened, is it coming back? 

MizzMo2
Character Actor

Do you have an sd hd receiver? If you don't, you might want to see about getting a free upgrade to one. If you do, see about updating your program guide. If that doesn't work, unplug the box for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, call them for trouble shooting. Tell them you want to speak to a more advanced technical person, and they will from there run some tests. I have a guy coming saturday for free to look into why one of the downloads didn't fix the problem. If you do have an hd, look around the HD channels in the 6000's and 8000's. Thats all I know. Good luck!

sebastes
Extra

I have a Hopper 3 receiver and subscribed to America Everything package.  Lost 289 yesterday and it doesn't show up in the guide (no 289 channel) and it also doesn't show up in the 'All unsubscribed' guide setting.  Rebooted the Hopper a couple of times.  Nada....nothing....289 is gone from my service/access.  Anyone have any clue what is going on?